Mosaic Group is a mobile app developer with an award-winning portfolio of brands and products—including iTranslate, RoboKiller, and Daily Burn. We build and acquire best-in-class mobile applications, providing creators with a platform to reach global audiences along with the inspiration, support, and resources to innovate new products. Owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC), Mosaic Group is a global company headquartered in New York City with offices across the US as well as Austria, Belarus, China, and Ireland. Learn more at www.mosaic.co.
Mosaic Group is looking for a corporate counsel to join its legal team and assist on a variety of innovative legal issues across the entire company. Corporate counsel will work on various commercial agreements and product reviews and will tackle topics such as licensing, consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, and privacy that arise out of the operation and growth of our various brands and products.
What You Will Do:
- Help to create clear agreements with our partners and vendors that sufficiently protect the interests of the company while also taking into account the business value of the relationship.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide array of agreements including marketing, licensing, infrastructure and technology, data, and other commercial agreements for a wide array of brands and products.
- Review and advise on products, features, and marketing initiatives to assure that our products align with the spirit of applicable regulations in various jurisdictions
- Support product and advertising operations while balancing user and policy considerations
- Work with privacy counsel to help promote trust in our products through transparent privacy policies and appropriate use of customer information
- Draft and regularly update EULAs, terms of service, and appropriate consumer disclosures for various mobile applications and websites
- Ensure that the company’s intellectual property rights are appropriately protected and that our products respect the rights of others
- Conduct trademark reviews and draft cease and desist letters
- Coordinate work with colleagues to ensure consistent approach and application of legal agreements and risk framework locally, regionally, and worldwide
- Participating in the design, implementation, and enforcement of company policies and processes to ensure legal compliance with internal policies as well as applicable laws and regulations,
- Working with the rest of the legal department to support the Company's general corporate legal activities
- Experienced with consumer protection regulations (e.g., FTC) as well as some experience with consumer privacy regulations (including GDPR and CCPA)
- Experienced evaluating and drafting complex commercial agreements
- Experience in a wide range of legal issues with a global focus
- Juris Doctor degree from a well-regarded law school
- 5 - 9 years of post-bar experience. Combination of experience at an Am Law 100 firm and in-house greatly preferred
- Experience with advertising technology space or mobile technology preferred
- Ability to exercise integrity, prioritize appropriately, and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Familiarity with Apple App Store and Google Play store guidelines a plus
- Ability to leverage good judgment and strong business sense to assist product and business teams to grow the business while assessing and mitigating legal risk
- Flexibility, pragmatism, and common sense
*We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.