Apalon, a division of Mosaic Group (an IAC operating business), builds best in class, mobile-first products that make everyday life better. With one of the world's largest and most diverse app portfolios, Apalon has over 1 million subscribers and over 600 million downloads. The portfolio includes Webby Award Winner Productive, NOAA Weather Radar Live: Clime, Blossom, Pixomatic, and many more. Apalon’s commitment to creating easy to use applications with unique and personalized content and the latest advanced technology delivers top rated mobile experiences for consumers and businesses around the world.
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principles of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash and Care.com, among many others, and has majority ownership of ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List and Handy. The Company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
Director of Strategy & Business Operations (BizOps)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the General Manager of a 200+ person 100M+ revenue profitable business, you will be working cross functionally on the highest impact business challenges we face. We’re seeking the right mix of skillful problem solver, thoughtful operator, and dedicated project manager who can balance problem-solving and process, think both strategically and tactically, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between operations, marketing, product, and business intelligence.
- Own cross functional complex projects critical to the success of the business
- Use a data-driven approach to analyze performance of our various apps and recommend areas for improvement that lead to long-term operational excellence.
- Build business plans for product expansion and perform market mapping and market research to help suggest new markets for entry.
- Partner with senior leadership to support the annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Help define strategic priorities and OKRs in the context of the broader company strategy and measure and report on progress toward key results, escalating risks to senior leadership and removing roadblocks as needed.
- Relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, corporate development, business operations or another related field (5-7 years)
- Experience in a product or operations role in an online or mobile app business, a plus
- Strong understanding of strategic, business, and financial concepts, tools, and frameworks; comfort with corporate finance and accounting principles
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong project management experience demonstrating the ability to drive operational improvement in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles, and a passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems
- Ability to toggle between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills, including business writing and presentations, and ability to distill complex business issues and strategies into actionable insights concise and persuasive and recommendations
- Expertise and interest in technology, ideally in mobile subscription business is desirable
- Fluency in Russian is a plus
ABOUT WORKING HERE:
- A fun working environment with a lot of perks including but not limited to:
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen
- 100% 401k match up to 10%
- Environment where you can mentor and learn from others
- Company Contribution towards Commuter Benefits
We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.