A division of IAC (Match.com, Tinder, Vimeo, Angie’s List), Mosaic Group brings together a unique collection of award-winning mobile brands (Apalon, DailyBurn, iTranslate, RoboKiller) that help people around the world live more energized, satisfying and productive lives. We build and acquire best-in-class brands, providing creators with the platform and expertise to rapidly scale products – along with the inspiration, support and resources to innovate new ones.
Our brands - providing everyday apps for everyday people - attract over 40 million monthly active users and 200 million annual downloads, and together constitute one of the world’s largest mobile app businesses.
Mosaic’s businesses touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people each year, and these people generate billions and billions of data points. The stability and quality of that data flow is paramount as it serves as the basis upon which we build everything from product & marketing reports, to driving our financial models, to building machine learning models that enhance our user acquisition efforts and better predict the lifetime value of our users. The teams that comprise Data Platform - data engineering, BI & analytics and mobile services - are critical to our everyday business decisions and have constructed a world-class infrastructure to support our efforts.
The VP, Data Platform will be responsible for driving and implementing the strategy and tactics to grow and evolve our scalable, extensible data strategy across all of the constituent Data Platform teams. For maximum flexibility coupled with a clear mandate, this team operates as a separate business unit within Mosaic Group, and as such the VP, Data Platform will operate as its leader reporting to Mosaic Group’s CEO.
- Deliver and execute a plan to build out the data platform business unit that will support the entirety of the Mosaic Group business
- Manage and drive data ingestion, analytics, LTV calculation, dashboards & reporting, user engagement metrics and all other data programs
- Own the architecture of the data platform that services all of the apps in the portfolio
- Evolve the architecture so that it remains best-in-class and open to challenges mobile market frequently provides
- Communicating the evolving architecture to all stakeholders to gain consensus
- Specifying the evolving architecture with engineering to successfully implement ideas
- Provide clarity in prioritization of projects and communicate effectively
- Update platform with data tools that help user segmentation engine, a/b testing, monetization
- 10+ years experience
- Experience with mobile and/or consumer (preferred) or B2B software products
- Experience with performance marketing and subscription business models
- Strong experience in managing large scale cross functional Agile software development at a global level
- Strong passion for project planning discipline and engaging stakeholders during all project phases
- Proficient in working with external and internal business partners.
- Prior experience defining and owning system architectures
- An entrepreneurial mindset with experience in high-growth companies
- Data driven thinker with proven quantitative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Experience managing global teams across multiple functions
- Experience architecting service based products utilizing cloud based systems
- Knowledge of GCP and/or AWS cloud platform services
- Familiarity with Apple App Store and Google Play (preferred)
- Coding experience in at least one programming language
- Familiarity with supporting multi-platform digital applications
- Experience with MMPs - Adjust, Appsflyer & Kochava
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.