A division of IAC (Match.com, Tinder, Vimeo, Angie’s List), Mosaic Group brings together a unique collection of award-winning mobile brands (Apalon, DailyBurn, iTranslate, RoboKiller) that help people around the world live more energized, satisfying and productive lives. We build and acquire best-in-class brands, providing creators with the platform and expertise to rapidly scale products – along with the inspiration, support and resources to innovate new ones.
Our brands - providing everyday apps for everyday people - attract over 40 million monthly active users and 200 million annual downloads, and together constitute one of the world’s largest mobile app businesses.
Director, Corporate Strategy
The Director of Corporate Strategy will work closely with the Mosaic executive team (reporting to the CEO) and operating companies to identify, evaluate and execute M&A transactions and investments. Mosaic has completed six acquisitions in the past two years and plans to continue its pace going forward. Past high performers in this role have progressed to become senior executives at Mosaic and it’s operating companies. This role is ideal for someone ambitious, competent and with aspirations of moving to an operational role in the future.
M&A is a high profile, strategic part of Mosaic and the Director of Corporate Strategy will be tasked with leading those efforts. You will be expected to identify and assess strategic opportunities, conduct robust financial analyses and drive due diligence for potential transactions. You will play an active role in idea generation, deal structuring, and legal documentation. Additionally, you will have extensive interaction with senior management of Mosaic and our operating companies.
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within Mosaic’s existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Developing detailed financial models and valuation analyses for potential transactions.
- Coordinating and implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions and related presentations for review by the senior management team of Mosaic.
- Actively contributing to the negotiation of transaction terms and legal documentation.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax and other departments of Mosaic and parent company IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Leading the integration process of acquired companies.
- Other strategic projects at the direction of the CEO
- 3-4 years of experience in investment banking (preferably in the M&A group), management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or corporate development.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- We value skill, potential and passion over experience so if you are someone who wants to play “above your level”, we look forward to meeting you.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis and research.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel essential.
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.