About Daily Burn
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness tech brand delivering high-quality subscription mobile, video & audio workout programs to help members reach their fitness goals. Daily Burn brings fitness to members, anytime, anywhere through its streaming and mobile workouts in a variety of disciplines, from running and high-intensity cardio, to yoga and strength training. Daily Burn's elite group of trainers provide specialized expertise to members through a best-in class library of workouts, as well as a daily live-streamed show. Across all categories we have classes ranging from beginner to advanced. From mobile, laptop or TV, a great workout experience is only a tap away.
About Your Role
As the Director of Product Management, you’ll be responsible for activities related to the development and execution of our services and products with special emphasis on our mobile applications. Specific responsibilities include, creating and garnering support for product roadmaps, working cross-functionally to develop and deliver effective, profitable, and scalable products to market, deep data analysis to determine the effectiveness of our major initiatives and products, including how to impact, setting up and leading ongoing multi-variate and user testing, user and competitive research, budgeting, ongoing management and optimization of products and services, and leadership and development of other product management team members.
You’ll be a hands-on entrepreneurial Product Management lead (player-coach), have strong business judgment, strong data and testing skills, technical acumen, great communication, collaboration & leaderships skills, incredible organizational skills, plus a motivation to help our customers succeed with fitness and improve their overall health. You’ll work with the CEO to set the direction of our product(s), and coordinate with other cross-functional teams on the creation of products and tools for specific audiences.
You believe that the role of a good Product Manager is to design and build innovative products and features that provide the greatest impact to our audience and business. You’re excited by work that includes data and testing, the user experience, and finding creative technology solutions to address user and market needs. You make decisions based on data and research as well as the gut instincts you’ve honed through many development cycles. You’re great at helping other parts of the team understand the vision and set priorities.
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who can build and lead teams while also possessing mastery of the strategy, details, and ROI of building innovative products. The role is based in our New York, NY office. Some international travel may be required.
About Your Responsibilities
- Product Vision: Lead the creation of strategic product roadmaps that contribute to the vision for how the products will work and what problems they will solve for users, the marketplace, and the business.
- Product Development: Work with cross-functional agile teams to develop, launch, optimize, and maintain/retire products. Create the principles and frameworks for desired product functionality and designs. Make real-time decisions to ensure that we are on track to meet business goals.
- Data, Analysis, & Metrics: Ensure that the teams know and understand what the right metrics are and that we are tracking them for each product as well as how to set up a rigorous testing methodology to test and validate hypotheses for moving the business forward. Slice data regularly to understand which initiatives are making an impact. Be on top of the competitive landscape to ensure that we are differentiating.
- Communication: Set up the right level of documentation and communication of product goals, requirements (user stories, briefs, wireframes, etc), and process that are clear, thorough, timely, and convey the desired functional experience to all internal parties and stakeholders while still enabling the organization to move fast. Enable the team to be product SMEs from a functional perspective; showcasing, championing, and finding ways to constantly innovate user experiences.
- Leadership: in addition to building and growing other product managers on your team, act as a leader to cross-functional internal teams so that they are excited, motivated, and know what is expected. Effectively evangelize the product vision with various stakeholders throughout the company.
- Customer Focus: Working with your teams to create solutions for customers first. Create a testing and research program to understand what our customers might want or need, including multi-variate and usability testing to ensure we are creating products for them that are as beautiful and functional as possible. Work with the customer service team to ensure a positive experience for users.
- 8+ years of product management or equivalent experience
- Strong leader with ability to influence across the organization
- Experienced with solid techniques to develop the right minimum viable products
- Strong skills in optimizing products through multi-variate testing and data analysis
- Data, detail, and results-oriented with ability to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings
- Strong understanding of UX principles and applications
- Strong people and project organizational skills, plus attention to details; ability to prioritize is a must
- A strong communicator and team collaborator with great written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of technology and understanding of the product development cycle; experience in an agile environment
- Experience with solid techniques for customer discovery including interviewing and opportunity assessments, user testing, and prototyping
- Notable experience in subscription products
- Notable experiences in mobile development, video streaming, and/or health and fitness
- Solid understanding of how products get monetized, including subscription and commerce
- Interested in meeting and exceeding goals and developing plans and strategies to win as a team
- Team player, resilient, positive, good to work with
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), Mosaic Group (Apalon, Daily Burn, iTranslate, Teltech) is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Match Group, Vimeo, HomeAdvisor, & DotDash. IAC is consistently ranked among Fortune magazine’s World's Most Admired Companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.