Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Brand Designer to join our marketing team as our first full-time design hire to assess Morty’s existing brand assets, build new ones, and take our identity to the next level. As Brand Designer, you will work closely with the brand marketing team (PR, social, content) to collaborate on brand assets across media in support of our marketing activity. You will also work closely with the growth marketing team to assess the performance of our branded assets to inform future production. The Brand Designer will be a key business partner to the product team, ensuring alignment across product and marketing activity, as well as help to manage our relationship with outside design partners and agencies. This role is ideal for someone who thrives in a close-knit, highly collaborative environment and can drive forward the marketing design agenda inside Morty in addition to being a brilliant creative.
- Partner with Morty CMO to assess current design assets and plan and execute a refresh (internally & in partnership with an outside design studio):
- Brand guidelines
- Visual vocabulary
- Across all existing channels (website, blog, Knowledge Base, email campaigns, social, advertising, etc.)
- In partnership with the Brand Marketing Manager, identify the ongoing design needs for the marketing organization and plan for and develop these assets on an ongoing basis
- Provide design support and creative input into campaigns in service of Morty’s 2021 goals:
- Reduce time by half
- Mortgage API
- Help to conceive of and deliver design identity and assets for key campaigns:
- Closing Date Promise
- Others TBD
- Support Morty’s B2B business activity via design:
- Business development -- materials in support of the Mortgage API/Mortgage as a Service partnerships (e.g. deck, sell sheets, white papers)
- Internal comms (how we present important information to the team)
- Morty merch and swag
- Serve as a key business partner to the product team, working closely with the visual designers to assure consistency in marketing design and taking on product design responsibilities as needed
- Represent and uphold Morty’s brand standards across the business
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years design experience
- Ability to quickly and successfully translate marketing strategies into design and creative concepts, on time and on budget
- Track record of positive working partnerships with creative collaborators (copywriters, social media, etc.)
- Comfort working across all types of media (web, email, print, social, ads, etc.) and willing to learn new design tools and techniques
- Experience with consumer-facing brands. Previous experience with products that have a longer acquisition cycle and higher price point is a plus not but required.
- Experience managing internal clients and serving as a business partner to teams outside of marketing
- Confident operating as a creative in a highly analytical, data-driven environment
- Willing to learn the ins and outs of the mortgage industry
- Self-starter with a “no task too big or small” attitude
- Experience with the Adobe suite, Sketch, Figma, and Invision. IIllustration and motion design skills are a plus!
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.