We’re rebuilding the mortgage stack from the inside out and developing the most efficient loan manufacturing software out there. Engineering is our core competency and competitive advantage. As an integral member of our small engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to build out core functionality, make important design and architecture decisions, rapidly build new features to support customers and our sales team while shaping the future of the product. We're excited by the challenges of building a robust, scalable mortgage platform that can serve thousands of consumers and millions in loan transaction volume each day.
Who We’re Looking For
- At least 4 years of real-world development experience, or 2 years of real-world development experience and degree in computer science, mathematics or related field.
- Experience building full product feature sets, from initial engineering planning through product development.
- Strong quantitative skills, with some knowledge or experience in finance a plus (but you don’t have to know anything about mortgages–we’ve got that covered!)
- General curiosity and desire to continuously learn new technologies. Willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be cool, new technology we’re building ourselves, or arcane, ill-conceived data formats we’re forced to integrate with.
- Strong product mindset and willingness to collaborate with marketing and operations teams to shape the product and user experience. Works well in a team setting. Strong eye for design a plus.
- You enjoy creating elegant solutions, but you’re agile and pragmatic enough to know when and how to make compromises in order to ship faster and continuously iterate.
Technology We Use
We combine mypy, Django, TypeScript, and GraphQL, to provide type safety across the stack, from the DB all the way to the front end. More specific tech we use below.
- Backend: Python, Django, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Frontend: Typescript, React, GraphQL (Apollo)
- DevOps: AWS (ECS, Fargate, CloudFormation, RDS, etc), ElasticSearch
- We're currently remote, but our office is in a great, accessible location in West SoHo/Hudson Square near many restaurants and train stations (the 1, A/C/E, and F/M). We also have public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you!