First a quick look at us
Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. Our mission is to transform cities by providing the most convenient and sustainable mobility solutions. We create outstanding products with technical excellence, an agile mindset, an open feedback and failure culture and fun at work. We act as a partner for cities, transport networks and mobility service providers with the goal of making cities smarter and creating an operating system for urban mobility that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas.
How the role works
We gather in small engineering teams organized around specific topics. The individual teams enjoy a high degree of autonomy, trust and responsibility. Innovation is key and very much encouraged and embraced in our teams. We value pragmatism, simplicity and collaboration. We live an open feedback and failure culture, because we know that both are necessary to find proper solutions. With us you will use state of the art technology and work self-determined in small, autonomous and agile teams. moovel (REACH NOW) tries to maintain a culture where engineers are provided with the tools of their choice and a friendly environment in which they can thrive.
Squads at moovel (REACH NOW) choose the tools they regard as the best fit for their problems, at their discretion. Hence the technology stack is rather diverse. We employ a microservice backend architecture based on Docker and AWS. Cloud Services are leveraged wherever they help us to focus on our task. We own the full application lifecycle from ideation phase to end-to-end operating services.
Some of the things you will do
• Working in the Mobility Benefits Squad together with backend developers, front-end developers, mobile developers, designers and managers.
• Build microservices with Node.js written in TypeScript and deployed on AWS.
• Design and implement APIs for internal usage, user interface dashboards and payment for mobility services.
• As we prefer to be agile, you will participate in defining our products and building them (our product owner values your input)
• You are familiar with building scalable applications and services with Node.js
• Event driven architecture is not only a buzzword for you
• You have knowledge in relational databases in example Postgres and you are not afraid of complex queries
• You are experienced in building services using well-defined APIs
• You are familiar with building mobile applications
• You know how to operate services in production – deploying, performance monitoring, tracing problems, and optimization are part of the things you have done in the past
• We run our services on AWS and monitor them with New Relic. Knowledge with those technologies is a plus and not mandatory from the beginning
• You are able to communicate verbally and written in English (our squad is international)
• Must be a caring human being
• Choose your own hardware
• Working with newest technologies & microservices
• Be part of an interdisciplinary team of experts
• Working on products with a high impact on society
• International teams
• Flexible working hours
• Free breakfast, good coffee & fresh fruits
• Monthly mobility budget
Are you the one who feels addressed? Then we can not wait to meet you soon! Just click the “Apply Now” button.
Indre, Marco, Simon, Kasia and Thomas
If you have any questions or are in need for further information feel free to contact Mrs.Anne Nagel +49 176 30989879.