We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
The Discipline ❤️
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organize in small cross-functional squads of 4-6 engineers and an embedded Product Manager and Product Data Analysts. We currently have squads across Crypto / NFT / Payments / KYC / Core Product and others. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialize.
Specifically, you’ll join the Growth team that looks after accelerating our growth efforts across our Consumer, Business, and B2B2C product offerings.
You will be responsible for building features that help those product offerings – making improvements to discovery, strengthening MoonPay’s network of Businesses and Consumers, internationalizing language, and running A/B tests on key user flows.
Growth engineers work in close partnership with designers, product thinkers, and customers, to impact the lives of millions of users.
Tech Stack 💻
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, TypeDI, TypeGraphQL and routing-controllers as our backend libraries
- React and NextJS hosted on Vercel as our frontend
- Google Cloud Platform to host our services
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- Bull to manage background tasks
- DataDog for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests ✅
What you’ll do 👀
- Join a small, but rapidly-growing engineering group within our Consumer Group to establish infrastructure and platforms to achieve and foster global growth
- Work across all parts of the stack and be flexible working with different technologies
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Collaborate with other product teams to deliver and improve customer facing features.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Integrate and work closely with external service providers to ensure smooth operation.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Act as voice and thought leader across the company in the Growth Team’s initiatives around globalization and user experience platform.
- Mentor and coach engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline. Including design, documentation, monitoring and alerting.
- Lead initiatives from an engineering perspective, partnering closely with product managers.
You should apply if ✅
- You have extensive engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies focusing on the backend.
- You have experience in one or more of the following:
- Scaling i18n and i10n infrastructure
- Building experiments and handling feature flags platforms such as LaunchDarkly, Optimizely, etc
- Worked with Ad network APIs to enable conversion tracking and automation
- Building MVT (Minimum Viable Test) proof-of-concept products
- You have either had experience with some of our tech stack or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Final interview (2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.