We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
Locations supported: UK, EU
About the Position:
As an Engineering Manager you’ll primarily support the growth and career development of our Engineers. You will focus on building and developing high performing and inclusive cross functional teams, guiding them through all the challenges that come with being a scaling tech company. Engineering Management is a new discipline at MoonPay so you’ll get a chance to build frameworks, structures and processes that foster a healthy and efficient engineering org from scratch. You’ll spend roughly 70% of your time focused on people management and the other 30% partnering with Senior Engineers to help drive technical initiatives.
Squads We Are Currently Hiring For:
NFT COMMERCE: The NFT commerce team is responsible for building tools to allow customers and partners to transact NFTs more easily. We onboard new customers, and work to provide them with the smoothest possible NFT purchasing experience. We also build features to facilitate primary and secondary transactions for marketplaces and creators.
PARTNER EXPERIENCE: The partner experience team looks after the onboarding and ongoing experience of B2B partners integrating the MoonPay product offerings (Crypto and NFT Checkout, Wallets and HyperMint). You will be responsible for building features for partner onboarding, integrating MoonPay into their experience, integration testing, enabling partners to customize their integration and monitor the success.
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, TypeDI, TypeGraphQL and routing-controllers as our backend libraries
- React and NextJS hosted on Vercel as our frontend
- Google Cloud Platform to host our services
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- Bull to manage background tasks
- DataDog for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests ✅
- Manage, support, coach and develop high performing engineers through regular 1:1 and continuous feedback.
- Partner with our VP of Engineering and Group Product Manager to ensure we build high-performing teams that consistently and iterate and deliver high-impact and high-quality work.
- Lead on the creation, development and implementation of management best practice and tools e.g progression frameworks.
- Partner with Senior Engineers to drive technical initiatives that raise the bar for our engineering practices.
- Leading ongoing engineering work, ensuring timely delivery.
Skills & Experience:
- You have experience managing the performance and development of high-performing Engineers, including seniors and leads, at a high growth, rapidly scaling startups.
- You know what good looks like for a high-performing team of Engineers and know how to get there.
- You have previously worked as an Engineer at a senior level.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You care deeply about helping others achieve their goals and become the best Engineers they can be.
- You are a fantastic communicator and able to work cross-functionally with our engineering team and other areas of the business.
- You thrive when developing great people and great products at scale.
- You are data driven and know how to work cross functionally with Product and Design.
- You have experience from successful delivery of high-quality outcomes.
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline. Including design, documentation, monitoring and alerting.
- Lead initiatives from an engineering perspective, partnering closely with product managers.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Virtual Onsite ( 3 to 4 calls between 30 and 45 minutes each)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Stock options 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Home office setup allowance 🪑