MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on-ramp and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are remote first. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B - Be Humble
- L - Lead with Empathy
- O - Own It
- C - Communicate Clearly
- K - Kaizen
What you’ll do 👀
- The position will be responsible for global tax planning, providing international tax support to Moonpay new products and initiatives, overseeing international tax compliance and provision and supporting tax policy advocacy.
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal competency to represent Tax on cross-functional projects of varying sizes.
- The candidate must consult with internal and external partners and advisors on technical matters. It is essential that the successful candidate is driven to develop a deep understanding of technical tax concepts and apply them to Moonpay business operations.
- Identify and lead the execution of US international and foreign tax planning strategies to manage global tax risks and optimize efficiency with respect to international operations and structure.
- Ensure proactive, strategic and consistent approach to supporting new business initiatives.
- Develop and manage the Company’s global transfer pricing model, including quarterly transfer pricing calculations and entries.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in business development, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and Treasury and advise them on tax matter and project implementation.
- Lead the preparation of the annual and quarterly tax provision and financial statements disclosures.
You should apply if ✅
- 10+ years of experience in the tax function
- Experience at a multinational corporation, startups, and/or public accounting firms
- Experience in US and international tax compliance and income tax accounting, including exposure to ASC 740
- Technical knowledge of US international taxation (e.g., subpart F, FTC, GILTI, FDII, BEAT)
- Master’s in Accounting/Tax is a plus
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 minutes)
- Initial Screen (30 minutes)
- Final interviews (2.5 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
- Home office setup allowance 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪