MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are fully remote. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
The People Discipline ❤️
In this generalist role you would be responsible for the development and delivery of key Human Resources initiatives and solutions that enable the organisation to deliver its Business objectives and longer term business strategy.
Build and implement the building of People structures and systems that will enable MoonPay scale and continuously innovate, driving operational excellence.
Build and implement the people strategy in alignment with the Chief People Officer (CPO), focusing on building impactful leaders that shape, lead and coach their teams driving high performance with impact.
What you’ll do 👀
- Key accountabilities include working with the business on Organisation design and development, talent management and development, succession planning, change management and employee relations.
- Activities will span strategy to delivery & execution of HR operational deliverables and in this generalist role, you will support leaders, managers and colleagues across the HR lifecycle with a particular focus on Talent Management & Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Employee Relations, thereby enabling the attraction and retention of "best-in-class" talent.
- Cultivating effective working relationships with the business by advising business leaders on people-management and employee relations issues, training and development, in alignment with current HR initiatives to quickly gain credibility and create maximum impact.
- Challenging, provoking and coaching business leaders as required on how to engage colleagues, how to address people issues and how to build people capabilities effectively.
- Proactively implementing and developing HR strategic and tactical plans to support business goals specifically with regard to staffing, retention, training, learning and development, global mobility and employee relations.
- Assess, set up and implement HR policies and guidelines for a remote first organisation
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR/Talent programs
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Potential to build and lead a team of Talent Partners in delivering key business outcomes for their client groups, offering regular coaching and guidance
- Identify problems to be solved within teams and either proactively recommend solutions or partners with their leaders to address, leveraging data to inform solutions.
- Analyze data, understand trends, and develop proactive solutions to further support business objectives
- Manage and facilitate the overall Performance Summary Cycle and employee engagement survey throughout the year
You should apply if ✅
- Min of 10 years relevant, experience in a multi disciplined HR function including employee relations, change management, coaching, and advising at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrate success of working in partnership to deliver and implement strategic people solutions to drive organisational growth.
- Significant experience working in progressive HR role, with a strong preference for experience in Tech and ideally Crypto space
- Ability to build credible HR Business Partnering relationships with key stakeholders across the business including with the Senior Leadership Team
- Broad understanding of employee relations challenges and ability to partner with global legal teams to reach the most effective business and commercial solutions
- Can work independently on multiple projects without regular supervision.
- Detail conscious, credible, strong confidentiality, reliable, able to cope with ambiguity and change, and drives improvement, proactively managing poor performance/delivery, managing tough conversations with empathy and results
- Focused on delivery and gets things done in partnership with the business, including HR roadmap aligned to overall company strategy
- Critical thinker with success in developing pragmatic solutions to business problems
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with ability to be influential and persuasive
- Thrives in an unstructured environment and has the ability to exercise independent judgment, collaborate with all functions but with demonstrable skills of having challenging conversations with compassion but results orientated
Competencies for this role:
- Communication: Ability to flex communication styles to translate strategy into actionable steps to drive initiatives forward.
- Change Management: recognise the need for change, drive changes and gain commitment to this change building a clear path to navigate ambiguity and resistance
- Business Awareness: understand what is going on outside one owns business area, recognise the broader objectives and how one's own actions impact the wider business
- Coaching: ability to facilitate the personal and professional development of others by giving them constructive feedback and develop skills and capabilities through training and development
- Influencing: Win hearts and minds on key HR initiatives and solutions using a range of tactics and approaches
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
- Competitive salary 💰
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent) 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
- Annual company retreat 🧘♀️