MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are remote first. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B - Be Humble
- L - Lead with Empathy
- O - Own It
- C - Communicate Clearly
- K - Kaizen
The Discipline ❤️
In the last quarter our platform processed more than 1.5 million transactions with a volume in excess of half a billion dollars translating to an average of 22.7k RPM. As an SRE at MoonPay you will support and scale our stack as we see these numbers continue to exponentially increase. Engineers in this discipline will also focus on the continuous development and maintenance of resiliency measures in our production environments. This is a new function and as such we are looking for individuals who can confidently architect, build and own the next generation MoonPay Platform.
In Engineering we currently have 3 squads across Payments/ Finance, Compliance/ Fraud and Core Product/ Growth. Over time these squads will split out and we are also building new squads focusing on new revenue streams and product verticals. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialise.
Current Tech Stack 💻
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, TypeDI, TypeGraphQL and routing-controllers as our backend libraries
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- Bull to manage background tasks
- Heroku to host our backend services
- Some AWS services to send emails and store objects
- New Relic, Coralogix and Sentry for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests ✅
What you’ll do 👀
In the short term we need to increase the resiliency and reliability of our current PaaS solution with tools such as;
- Infrastructure as Code
- Dashboards, Monitoring & Alerting
- Incident Response Measures & Automation
- Load Testing & Performance Monitoring
In the medium to long term you’ll get to;
- Architect, build and own the next generation MoonPay Platform in the Cloud.
- Implement new and shiny technologies as you see fit to ensure our tech can scale with the business.
- Develop and integrate solutions with a bias for automation in order to improve and maintain reliability across the production estate and make recovery easier.
- Design and track metrics for site uptime and performance ensuring high levels of visibility are maintained.
- Own the incident management process and continuously improve our monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with all other engineering functions to provide timely feedback from our environments.
- Support Engineering on their journey to deliver better software, faster and more safely (think “It’s OK to deploy on Fridays” 😎).
You should apply if ✅
- You have extensive platform engineering/SRE experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- You are confident in developing, releasing and maintaining scalable infrastructure change in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- You can evidence experience of systems architecture, cost, security & performance improvement.
- You have either had experience with some of our tech stack or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- You’ve got a deep understanding of complex reliability structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
- You have cloud native experience with AWS or similar e.g Google Cloud
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of the Node.js ecosystem and/ or Postgres and Redis.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Remote take-home task
- Final interview (2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent) 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
- Annual company retreat 🧘♀️