MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are bootstrapped and already highly profitable, enjoying a revenue growth of 1000% + in the last 12 months 📈 We have more than 2 million customers and our payment solutions power more than 250 of the world’s largest crypto wallets, websites, and applications.
We are a fully remote, global team across 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. In the same way the internet became a means to democratize information, cryptocurrency is becoming a means to democratize financial participation at scale. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
The team ❤️
The incident response team will be a cross-functional team comprising Security Engineers and Analysts. They will be on the front line investigating security events and incidents. The goal of the team is to think like an attacker and stay one step ahead of them, ensuring that we have the right operational security controls needed to detect, remediate and prevent compromises.
What you’ll do 👀
- Build and manage a team focusing on incident response and forensics. Providing both subject matter expertise and leadership to serve as the SME for security events and incident investigations.
- Recommend and document specific countermeasures and mitigating controls.
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Build an Incident Response program including training and tabletop exercises.
- Establish policies and processes to have a 24/7 incident response and SOC capability.
- Utilise cutting edge technology to conduct large-scale investigations and examine host and network-based sources of evidence.
- Monitors, analyses, and investigates the SIEM solution and Endpoint Detection and Response events for Tier 1 (triage), Tier 2 (responder), and Tier 3 (hunting) support
- Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and respond to security events.
- Monitors and communicates threat intelligence from various resources that is relevant to Moonpay’s systems.
- Participates in the response to cyber incidents by gathering data and artefacts relevant to the event.
- Supervise staff, provide feedback and coaching, and grow their technical and analytics skills
- Improve Moonpay’s business processes and incident response methodologies.
You should apply if ✅
- You are an experienced Security Leader who has built incident response and SOC teams in previous roles.
- You're a capable manager who is able to build, develop and manage a cross functional team of security specialists.
- You still have hands on technical abilities in at least three of the following areas:
- Windows disk and memory forensics
- Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis
- Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Applied knowledge in at least one scripting or development language (such as
- Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls in cloud and MacOS Environments
- You're able to manage and deliver multiple projects and take ownership over the scope and budget.
- You have experience with Botnet and Denial of Service detection and remediation.
- You have experience with Ethical hacking and penetration testing.
- Bonus points if you have experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
- Bonus points if you have one or more security certifications (CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CEH, etc.).
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Final interview (2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance
- Competitive salary 💰
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
- Annual company retreat 🧘♀️