MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are bootstrapped and already highly profitable, enjoying a revenue growth of 1000% + in the last 12 months 📈 We have more than 2 million customers and our payment solutions power more than 250 of the world’s largest crypto wallets, websites, and applications.
We are a fully remote, global team across 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. In the same way the internet became a means to democratize information, cryptocurrency is becoming a means to democratize financial participation at scale. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
What you’ll do 👀
- Analyse security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Identify and report potential threats
- Research vulnerabilities in common software and systems and find ways to mitigate them
- Develop best practices and IT security standards and policies for the organisation
- Test, implement and improve/maintain security systems and controls
- Engineer, implement and monitor IT security systems and controls
- Identify and define IT system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and playbooks
- Configure and troubleshoot IT security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Respond to and lead IT security incident response
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach other Engineers.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the security discipline.
- Evangelise the adoption of new tools and approaches to security.
You should apply if you have ✅
- Ability to prioritise projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM desired
- An understanding of security best practices and how to implement them
- At least 4 years experience in the cybersecurity field or equivalent experience
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Basic coding skills, such as HTML, CSS and other languages
- Work experience as a Security Engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Prior experience with JAMF, Okta, Nessus, G Suite, Crowdstrike and similar systems desirable
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies and network/web related protocols
Bonus points if you have:
- Full Stack Development experience
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets or banking
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders
- Experience working in an environment where scalability is critical
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time.
For this role we are ideally looking for a candidate based in Europe or able to work +/-4 GMT working hours.
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and for Product roles consists of the following:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Final interview (2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
- Competitive salary 💰
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
- Annual company retreat 🧘♀️