MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are bootstrapped and already highly profitable, enjoying a revenue growth of 2,000 percent in the last 12 months 📈 We have more than 2 million customers and our payment solutions power more than 250 of the world’s largest crypto wallets, websites, and applications.
We are a fully remote, global team across 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. In the same way the internet became a means to democratize information, cryptocurrency is becoming a means to democratize financial participation at scale.
Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
As Senior Fraud Manager, you’ll be performing qualitative and quantitative analysis over past fraud to identify new fraud patterns, and work together with Compliance and Engineering to define, implement and evaluate anti fraud solutions.
As we operate in over 160 countries and provide the Infrastructure as a Service for 200+ partners, it is critical that we are deploying cutting edge technology to combat fraud.
Our growth has been enormous, both in revenue and users, and we are looking for a Fraud Superstar who will be able to quickly assess the landscape and jump into the building and deploying of data-driven solutions.
What you’ll do:
* Architecting and leading the overall scope of our fraud program
* Setting up monitoring plan for ACH bank transfers within the US to minimize and prevent fraud
* Reviewing the fraud risk of incoming transactions using third-party software tools in order to minimize fraud-related losses
* Analyzing historical data sets using SQL to discover fraud patterns and write rules that can be used to improve the company’s fraud program
* Investigating and resolving critical queries escalated by support team
* Analysing fraudsters profiles and the type of fraud we are experiencing (synthetic, mules etc)
* Benchmarking US fraud best practices to ensure that our systems and controls adequately address US fraud typologies
* Monitoring fraud risks on an ongoing basis to enhance our controls to minimise fraud risk and financial losses
* You’ll work with external partners to improve our acquiring fraud solution (i.e. data providers, external transaction monitoring solutions and on-boarding partners)
* This would include assessing different vendors, ensuring we meet legal requirements and help scoping any integrations.
* You’ll contribute to creating specific procedures for acquiring fraud, i.e. building documentation and training for our Compliance team
* You’ll ensure acquiring fraud and reputational risk levels are not surpassed (meeting KPIs & KRIs) and managing stakeholders
You should apply if you have:
* 5+ years of experience across payments, marketplaces, e-commerce or financial services industries
* Strong understanding of fraud typologies is required (ACH REQUIRED)
* Excellent understanding of ACH fraud, card flows, payments and 3ds implications is required
* Ability to manipulate and analyse data with ease
* Exceptional SQL is required
* Ability to solve complex problems and perform in a fast paced environment
* Comfortable working with ambiguity and in a self-guided manner
* Excellent communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
* Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders
* Experience with machine learning systems to detect and prevent fraudulent online payments
* Experience working in a business environment where scalability is critical
* Familiarity with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any sort at this time.
Benefits of working @ MoonPay 🚀
* Competitive salary, based on experience and location.
* A fulfilling, challenging work experience. 💪🏼
* Ample time off and flexible/remote working options.