MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are bootstrapped and already highly profitable, enjoying a revenue growth of 2,000 percent in the last 12 months 📈 We have more than 2 million customers and our payment solutions power more than 250 of the world’s largest crypto wallets, websites, and applications.
We are a fully remote, global team across 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. In the same way the internet became a means to democratize information, cryptocurrency is becoming a means to democratize financial participation at scale.
Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
In this role, you will work within the Compliance department at MoonPay- centrally involved with the core of our business. Your responsibilities generally include the critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time. This position will have frequent interaction with firm senior management, third party vendors/auditors, and the Head of Investigations.
MoonPay's Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development, while being an integral part of the Risk Team.
What you’ll do:* Conduct financial and virtual currency investigations of Transaction Monitoring and Blockchain Alerts to determine whether such activity warrants reporting.
* Draft and prepare SAR filings.
* Prepare answers and materials to subpoenas and 314(a)/(b) requests.
* Evaluate alerts for connection to US or other global sanctions regimes.
* Conduct customer outreach to gather additional information regarding their activities.
* Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits.
You should apply if:
* BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
* 3+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance.
* Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office, case management systems, and web-based databases.
* Experience drafting and preparing SAR filings.
* Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management.
* Fluency in English.
Bonus points if:
* Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, MBA, CAMS, CFE.
* Expert level knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
* Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools.
* Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel.
* Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.
* Business-fluency in a language other than English.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any sort at this time.
Benefits of working @ MoonPay 🚀
* Competitive salary, based on experience and location.
* A fulfilling, challenging work experience. 💪🏼
* Ample time off and flexible/remote working options.