Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a human-centered venture studio that powers the creation of new businesses. Moon’s mission is to help Mitsui & Co, one of Japan’s largest organizations, in its pursuit to become a more future-forward, entrepreneurial company. We work to unlock the creativity of Mitsui’s 45,000 strong global workforce to build innovative businesses that will have an exponential impact on the world. We do this by bringing together the best talent in design, engineering, product and more to create bold new ventures from zero to launch.
Moon transforms ideas into bold new ventures and provides the resources and expertise to light the way to a more creative future. We are human-centered in our approach and hands-on in our delivery. Our team of talented designers, engineers, product leaders and marketers help our idea owners connect with real users to create prototypes and MVPs and bring them to market quickly. At Moon, you will:
- Address real human needs that have far-reaching social impact
- Work across disciplines, across industries, and across cultures
- Start with people and leverage the beauty and messiness of human-centered design
Moon is looking for people who are passionate about unlocking the innate creativity of others while designing impactful businesses. Come join us!
What You’ll Do At Moon
- Develop Talent. As Engineering Lead, you’ll manage and mentor other talented engineers, helping them grow to their greatest potential. As we expand our team, you’ll help lay a foundation for an environment of technical excellence.
- Steer Multiple Projects. You’ll work across multiple ventures, making key technical decisions in conjunction with engineering teammates, and help our ventures make critical strategic plans that incorporate an engineering point of view. This also entails working cross-functionally with product, design, and marketing leads.
- Bring Big Ideas. At Moon, we bet big on our ventures with bold objectives. We want your creativity to inspire others and influence our way of working, and your voice to influence the paths these new companies take.
The Must-Have Skills
- People leadership
- Have managed a small team of engineers over the full lifecycle of a product
- Experience mentoring and providing growth opportunities for engineers
- Extensive cross-functional work experience
- Technical leadership
- Experience leading technical discussions such as technology reviews
- Experience moving from ideation to execution for new projects
- Intuition for roadmapping and prioritization
- Experience designing and reviewing complex software systems across backend, frontend, web and mobile
- Deep experience with several technologies at most layers in the stack
- Experience bringing software products from inception to launch
- Exceptional written and verbal skills which demonstrate maturity, judgment, negotiation, analytical, and leadership skills
- Drive acceptance and adoption of technology agendas with empathy and active listening skills
- Fluency in English
- Conversational fluency in Japanese (N2 level)
Nice to Haves
- Early stage startup or other entrepreneurial experience
- Ability to occasionally travel to Tokyo or other locations
- Familiarity with some of these specific technologies: TypeScript, React, React Native, Flutter, Node, Firebase, Postgres, GCP, AWS, Docker
- Exposure to design thinking
- Authorship of a popular software package or a well-regarded technical publication
Sounds Fun, Right?
If you identify with Moon's values and would like to contribute to our work, please submit your resume and optionally, a cover letter.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.