Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a human-centered venture studio that powers the creation of new businesses. Moon’s mission is to help Mitsui & Co, one of Japan’s largest organizations, in its pursuit to become a more future-forward, entrepreneurial company. We work to unlock the creativity of Mitsui’s 45,000 strong global workforce to build innovative businesses that will have an exponential impact on the world. We do this by bringing together the best talent in design, engineering, product and more to create bold new ventures from zero to launch.
Moon transforms ideas into bold new ventures and provides the resources and expertise to light the way to a more creative future. We are human-centered in our approach and hands-on in our delivery. Our team of talented designers, engineers, product leaders and marketers help our idea owners connect with real users to create prototypes and MVPs and bring them to market quickly. At Moon, you will:
- Address real human needs that have far-reaching social impact
- Work across disciplines, across industries, and across cultures
- Start with people and leverage the beauty and messiness of human-centered design
Moon is looking for people who are passionate about unlocking the innate creativity of others while designing impactful businesses. Come join us!
What We Are Looking For
You are an exceptional front-end engineer who wants to be part of bringing human-centered innovation into the world. You want to help shape our new ventures and drive our innovative work from concept to MVP, and to final product.
You enjoy collaborating with Product Managers, Entrepreneurs, Designers, and other Engineers across cultures and across portfolios to turn ideas into tangible digital solutions. The problems you will be asked to solve vary and require discipline across different platforms.
What You’ll Do at Moon
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and marketing teams to drive ventures forward
- Iterate and develop front-end solutions to support a project's value proposition, working closely with other engineers
- A bias for action with limited information and supervision
- Use creativity to inspire others and influence our way of working
- We are fans of non-linear career paths and self-taught creators. There are no specific educational requirements, but curiosity and knowledge around building, making and storytelling is a must.
- A healthy obsession with how people interact with technology and are comfortable with ambiguity and fuzzy, exploratory project briefs
- Have built elegant front-end solutions in a cross-disciplinary, exploratory and collaborative working style
- Experience with common tools like React, Flutter, native Android/iOS, Node or Firebase
- Outstanding verbal and written communication in English
- Understanding of back-end architectures
- Early stage startup or other entrepreneurial experience
- An active GitHub account or portfolio of work
- Japanese language skill
- Able to travel for business especially between Moon offices (Silicon Valley and Tokyo)
Sounds Fun, Right?
If you identify with Moon's values and would like to contribute to our work, please submit your resume and optionally, a cover letter
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.