Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a design-led innovation hub in Palo Alto and Tokyo. We incubate new ventures. Uniquely, we work across sectors like healthcare and agriculture, entertainment and technology. Moon is part of Mitsui & Co.
- We look for Mitsui employees based all over the world who are aspiring entrepreneurs and incubate their ideas.
- We grow, build, and test these ideas, listening for human-centered insights which help us create real-world impact.
- We design new businesses and launch them all over the world.
Mitsui is a corporation based in Japan with many business units including Steel Products, Metals and Mining, Machinery and Infrastructure, Chemicals, Energy, Lifestyle (which includes food, textiles, healthcare, outsourcing), and Finance.
Who We’re Looking For
We are searching for a Product Designer with a strong UI/UX background to be part of the founding team for Moon's digital innovation platform. In this role, you will be able to focus on work at the intersection of digital collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community building. While you’ll begin as a founding member of this new team, you’ll have the potential to expand into new roles as the product develops.
How You’ll Help Moon Create Impact
- Make Something New - You will be part of creating a digital innovation platform (mobile and web) where Mitsui’s 44,000 employees across the world can collaborate. In collaboration with the CTO and Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to form and translate the product vision into a technical product through design, prototyping, and launch of this digital product.
- Lead the Design - You will lead the visual and interactive expression, grounding it with best practices. As well as creating and designing intuitive onboarding content to popularize the new product within the community.
- Build to Launch - You will have the opportunity to build working prototypes and dynamic front-end web and app experiences that can connect to back-end APIs in service of ensuring that the design integrates learnings about how to scale to multiple markets and geographies.
- Be a Bridge - You will work closely with the Lead Engineer to manage the software development process and integration with existing technologies. You will be the bridge to product development and ensure the product can be tailored for globalization.
What You’ll Do At Moon
- Form and translate the product vision into a technical product through design, prototype, and launch of this digital product
- Lead the visual and interactive expression, grounding it with best practices
- Build working prototypes and dynamic front-end web and app experiences that can connect to back-end APIs
- Ensure that design and build integrate thinking about how to scale to multiple markets and geographies
- Create and design an onboarding flow to popularize the new product within the community
- Over 5 years of startup experience and/or experience working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrable experience in taking digital product from vision into a successful market launch
- Experienced interaction/digital product design with a portfolio of work across a variety of digital media
- Experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools including Figma, Sketch & CSS, Illustrator, HTML and Aftereffects. Bonus points for designing apps
- Experience coaching, leading and teaching other designers about digital, product, and learning design along with an ability to energize the community with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A user-centric approach to designing differentiated products
- Experience working with team members from different backgrounds and ability to integrate your design ideas with others (experience applying human-centered design thinking is a plus)
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations
- A bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (interaction design, human-computer interaction, computer science or any other relevant field) or equivalent work experience.
Nice to Haves
- Japanese language experience
- Experience living and working in Japan or Asia or working directly with Asian companies
- Ability to occasionally travel to Japan or other global locations
How Do I Apply?
Sounds fun, right?
If you’re curious, apply below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.