Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a design-led innovation hub in Palo Alto and Tokyo. We incubate new ventures. And uniquely, we work across sectors like healthcare and agriculture, entertainment and technology. Moon is part of Mitsui & Co.
+ We partner with Mitsui employees based all over the world to identify potential entrepreneurs and incubate their ideas.
+ We grow, build, and test these ideas, listening for human-centered market insights that will help us create real-world impact.
+ We design businesses that will deliver these new offers and launch them all over the world.
Who we’re looking for (you, hopefully):
We’re looking for an HR & Recruiting Associate to help with administering and managing the day to day operations of our Human Resource functions in our Palo Alto Lab. You will assist in day-to-day HR operations, with a focus on supporting Moon’s recruiting activities. This person will represent Moon in a professional manner, both internally and externally. Flexibility, curiosity, and multitasking are key given the dynamic nature of the role.
How you’ll help Moon create impact:
At Moon, people are our most valuable asset. Our values were crafted to reflect our culture and the way we work. This role is critical in helping us ensure that we are hiring employees aligned to our values, and to help ensure that our internal systems support our employees and ensure their happiness. People are what drives our business, and you will help to ensure this stays true.
What you’ll do at Moon:
- Support full life-cycle recruitment processes including job postings, coordination of resume flow, coordination of interviews and hiring process, diligent candidate correspondence, phone screens, and maintenance of candidate records via our applicant tracking system.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting - Develop and maintain a (proactive) robust talent pipeline for various locations and skillsets.
- Experience with sourcing skills and techniques (e.g. crafting Boolean search strings, recruiting on sourcing tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter)
- Experience with researching, data mining and finding unique ways to identify potential candidates
- Act as a steward of our culture by cultivating a world-class employee and candidate experience. In this role, you have the ability to shape Moon’s talent brand.
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to leaders and all team members regarding employee relations issues.
- Help develop and support the launch of Moon’s global HR practices in partnership with the Global Head of HR.
- Support candidates as they become employees by ensuring a successful start at Moon.
- Proactively connect with candidates and Moon employees in a way that builds relationships, trust, and credibility.
What you’ll encounter at Moon:
Moon is building something new. Here you’ll find a balance of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. You’ll be challenged and learn every day. From the beginning, you’ll help with building our community with amazing talent like yourself.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Talent and/or Human Resources experience, preferably in a role that has blended recruiting and general HR support.
- Bachelor’s degree and PHR preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of Federal and California employment law
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient.
- Experience working within a cross-cultural/international organization or working directly with Japanese companies.
- Experience working with Greenhouse applicant tracking system
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Slack
Sounds fun, right?
If you’re curious, please apply below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.