Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a design-led innovation hub in Palo Alto and Tokyo. We incubate new ventures. And uniquely, we work across sectors like healthcare and agriculture, entertainment and technology. Moon is part of Mitsui & Co.
+ We partner with Mitsui employees based all over the world to identify potential entrepreneurs and incubate their ideas.
+ We grow, build, and test these ideas, listening for human-centered market insights that will help us create real-world impact.
+ We design businesses that will deliver these new offers and launch them all over the world.
Who we’re looking for (you, hopefully):
We’re looking for a Recruiter to help with leading and managing the day to day operations of hiring functions as well as thinking about the future hiring needs of Moon in our Palo Alto Lab. This person will represent Moon in a professional manner, both internally and externally. Flexibility, curiosity, and multitasking are key given the dynamic nature of the role.
How you’ll help Moon create impact:
At Moon, people are our most valuable asset. Our values were crafted to reflect our culture and the way we work. This role is critical in helping us ensure that we are hiring employees aligned to our values, and ensures that we are creating an amazing candidate experience. People are what drives our business, and you will help to ensure this stays true.
What you’ll do at Moon:
- Lead and facilitate full life-cycle recruitment processes from identifying of a need to onboarding of a new employee.
- Build relationships and partner with hiring managers to understand the business needs and execute on achieving it through a hire.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting - Develop and maintain a (proactive) robust talent pipeline for various locations and skillsets.
- Act as a steward of our culture by cultivating a world-class employee and candidate experience. In this role, you have the ability to shape Moon’s talent brand.
- Take initiative in the hiring process by driving the recruiting process forward through creative problem-solving and collaboration.
- Drive consensus among multiple stakeholders to bring hiring issues to a successful conclusion
- Support candidates as they become employees by ensuring a successful start at Moon.
What you’ll encounter at Moon:
Moon is building something new. Here you’ll find a balance of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. You’ll be challenged and learn every day. From the beginning, you’ll help with building our community with amazing talent like yourself.
- 5 years of recruiting experience working on a small team in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to interact with candidates and leadership at all levels
- Experience with sourcing skills and techniques (e.g. crafting Boolean search strings, recruiting on sourcing tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter)
- Experience with researching, data mining and finding unique ways to identify potential candidates
- Demonstrates an understanding of Federal and California laws that impact hiring
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Experience working within a cross-cultural/international organization or working directly with Japanese companies
- Experience working with Greenhouse applicant tracking system
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Slack
Sounds fun, right?
If you’re curious, apply below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.