Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a design-led innovation hub in Palo Alto and Tokyo. We incubate new ventures. And uniquely, we work across sectors like healthcare and agriculture, entertainment and technology. Moon is part of Mitsui & Co.
+ We partner with Mitsui employees based all over the world to identify aspiring entrepreneurs and incubate their ideas.
+ We grow, build, and test these ideas, listening for human-centered market insights that will help us create real-world impact.
+ We design businesses that will deliver these new offers and launch them all over the world.
Who we’re looking for (you, hopefully):
Moon is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to champion content development and drive engagement with Moon's brand. This individual will tell Moon's story internally within the Mitsui organization, externally with the rest of the world, and across mediums -- like blog posts, newsletters, and social media. The Content Marketing Manager will stretch across marketing skills & roles, and own the end-to-end process for content creation. From brainstorming ideas to developing and maintaining the editorial calendar to managing production plans, we're looking for someone who can help us bring Moon to the world.
How you’ll help Moon create impact:
At Moon, we incubate new ventures. We are an innovation lab that is looking for new ideas to grow and bring to market. That means broadcasting to all 44,0000 Mitsui employees around the world about what ideas we are incubating and what it means to be part of Moon. It means sharing with the world who we are to help tell our story, and to help attract talent to bring these ideas to life. In this role, you’ll craft stories and experiences to build awareness of and drive engagement with Moon’s brand both externally and internally.
The Content Marketer will report directly to the Head of Global Marketing, and work closely with the Moon Ventures Team to develop publicly shareable ideas and content.
What you’ll do at Moon:
- Work alongside Moon leadership to define and drive content strategy, brand voice/tone, and narrative/editorial approach for all types of content production
- Partner with the Head of Marketing to implement new brand strategies and campaigns
- Collaborate and help implement the design and management of Moon’s social channels by writing engaging, concise digital content that targets audiences across many different mediums
- Contribute to the scoping and defining multifaceted content marketing projects from beginning to end with a strategic vision for how these projects fit under the broader umbrella of our marketing strategy
- Own the end-to-end process and project management for content development, including developing and maintaining editorial calendars, content project plans, and graphic design
- Determine metrics and establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of marketing content; provide regular performance updates to stakeholders
- Own and grow our online social community
- Support the creation and execution of field marketing and media opportunities including events and conferences
- Take, edit and organize high-quality photographs at various Moon/Mitsui events
What you’ll encounter at Moon:
Moon is building something new. Here you’ll find a balance of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. You’ll be challenged and learn every day. From the beginning, you’ll help define, refine and launch the marketing strategy.
- 2-4 years of content development and digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, and Illustrator)
- Channel-specific knowledge, familiarity with social media, and experience building communities (WordPress, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills — the ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to both internal and external audiences
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and effective while under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Proven experience merging creative storytelling and innovative visual delivery
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- A solution-oriented mindset that is able to work in ambiguity and pivot through the unexpected
- Knowledge of the technology industry and/or startup experience is a plus
- Experience with video shooting and/or editing
- Experience operating DSLR cameras, and creative shot composition
Sounds fun, right?
If you’re curious, please apply directly to Moon's job board. Please include a resume, cover letter, and 2-4 links sharing writing samples and/or specific examples of recent digital marketing or growth campaigns/programs you’ve worked on.
Note: We will only review applications that are submitted to Moon's site.
Questions for you
What’s the most inspiring content marketing you’ve seen (recently or ever)?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.