Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a design-led innovation hub in Palo Alto and Tokyo. We incubate new ventures. And uniquely, we work across sectors like healthcare and agriculture, entertainment and technology. Moon is part of Mitsui & Co.
+ We partner with Mitsui employees based all over the world to identify potential entrepreneurs and incubate their ideas.
+ We grow, build, and test these ideas, listening for human-centered market insights that will help us create real-world impact.
+ We design businesses that will deliver these new offers and launch them all over the world.
Who we’re looking for (you, hopefully):
We’re looking for a Global Head of Human Resources to lead the strategic development and management of all our Human Resource functions. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that our HR strategy aligns with our business goals. In this role, you will be part of Moon’s leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO. We are looking for a Leader who is comfortable or has experience leading with curiosity, collaboration, and an entrepreneurial mindset when developing HR solutions.
How you’ll help Moon create impact:
At Moon, people are our most valuable asset. Our values were crafted to reflect our culture and the way we work. This role is critical in helping us ensure that our employees are happy and that our culture is healthy. You will have the opportunity to design and build HR functions that support and recognize the needs of our employees. People are what drives our business, and you will help to ensure this stays true.
What you’ll do at Moon:
- Be a Builder- We are looking for someone who has experience creating and implementing HR solutions, processes, and tools from the ground up. You’ll help design and implement our compensation programs, performance management system, and advise on the ongoing execution of L&D practices.
- Be a Strategic Partner- We are looking for someone to coach and advise us on all talent-related aspects of the business, including interpreting/analyzing federal/state/local laws and regulations.
- Be a Leader- We are looking for someone to help us lead our HR team in Palo Alto and Tokyo. This means having the experience or ability to lead others locally or remotely.
- A progressive, entrepreneurial spirit combined with 8-10 years of successful business partnership at an executive level, with proven success linking HR strategies to the business.
- A flexible leader who is able to operate at a highly strategic level to design HR solutions for the future, while also managing day-to-day HR matters. We are looking for someone who is both people (culture, onboarding, employee experience) and systems centered (processes, capabilities, compliance).
- Deep understanding of foundational HR areas (L&D, compensation, performance management, benefits, payroll, immigration, legal, compliance, employee relations)
- Experience building and implementing scalable, high-quality HR solutions across diverse teams, locations, and cultures.
- Strong communication/active listening skills and the ability to deal effectively, empathetically, and courteously with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Related Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in Human Resources and/or Organization Development.
- Experience living/working in Japan, working directly with Japanese companies, or other relevant cross-cultural/international work experience
- Ability to occasionally travel to Japan
Sounds fun, right?
If you’re curious, please apply below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.