We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our FinHealth Data Team:
We want to change the way that banks do collections by genuinely aligning our customers interests with our own. We want to empower customers to tackle any financial problems they’re having, while achieving good outcomes for Monzo. To help us do this we’re looking for someone special who can help take our approach to collections to the next level.
With your experience of developing unsecured retail credit risk strategies and building best in class credit capabilities, you'll help drive the strategy of Monzo’s collections strategy. We’re looking for someone who is happy rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in - analysing data and and iterating on processes and strategies to make sure we’re optimising for the best results. You will work with colleagues across teams to make sure we are building successful collections strategies and customer centric collections processes for our customers.
- Monitoring the performance of our existing collections strategies, and iterating to improve them
- Through metrics and analysis, develop a deep understanding of how our operational processes, including in-app chat, impact customer outcomes
- Supporting the design and roll-out of new collections strategies and customer journeys by finding patterns in the data and translating these into insights
- Collaborating with a range of disciplines in the Borrowing, Operations, Product and Engineering teams people from engineering, marketing, product, risk and control to design and deliver initiatives
- Overseeing and enhancing the database tables and dashboards that provide insights and promote rapid, data-driven decisions
- Defining our financial difficulties policies to deliver fair customer outcomes and minimise credit loss
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about customers and understand the role collections strategies and policies play in customer outcomes
- You have experience in unsecured retail lending collections and credit risk management, including overall lending economics and the impact of underwriting strategies
- You have a deep understanding of how collections work, including regulation and industry best practice
- You’re comfortable balancing ‘soft’ information (e.g. customer feedback/qualitative market research) with hard data (e.g. A/B test outcomes)
- You have strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills. SQL is a must-have, Python is a plus
- You can bring a dynamic energy to the team, and are keen for the chance to improve our products and help ship changes to our customers
- You are a clear communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points
- You work well collaborating in a team with diverse skill-sets and personality types
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Initial Call
- Take Home Task
- Final stage (x3 interviews) consisting of a case study, role specific and values interview
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £60,000 to £80,000 ➕ plus stock options + benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.