We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Borrowing Data Team:
We’re looking to revolutionise the way people manage their finances by putting them in control and promoting their financial wellbeing. Our Borrowing business is growing rapidly (both on our existing products, and with the planned launch of new products). We aim to create a genuine feel-good factor when it comes to personal credit, and are looking for driven, analytical and creative individuals to help us achieve this goal.
With your experience of developing unsecured retail credit risk strategies and building best in class credit capabilities, you'll help drive the success of Monzo's borrowing propositions. You will be responsible for developing our credit and pricing strategies for one of our borrowing products. You will work with colleagues across teams to make sure we are building profitable lending portfolios and amazing products for our customers.
- Leading initiatives to improve our credit underwriting, boost growth and/or manage portfolio risk
- Working with people from engineering, marketing, product, risk and control to design and deliver initiatives
- Developing our credit control and portfolio management framework to support our growing portfolios
- Developing our customer-level lending strategy
- Developing and monitoring our credit models to forecast cash flows and assess net present value of new lending cohorts
- Writing credit proposals which will be adopted as Monzo underwriting policy
- Supporting the design and roll-out of new lending strategies by finding patterns in the data and translating these into insights
- Building, maintaining & responsible for the database tables and dashboards that provide insights and promote rapid, data-driven decisions
- Assessing how the lending portfolio of particular products will perform over time
You should apply if:
- You have experience in unsecured retail lending (e.g. personal loans, credit cards, overdrafts, buy now pay later, motor finance)
- You have a solid understanding of lending economics and have experience developing and deploying underwriting strategies and credit models
- You have strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills. SQL is a must-have, Python and Looker experience is a plus
- You can bring a dynamic energy to the team, and are keen for the chance to improve our products and help ship changes to our customers
- You are a strong communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points
- You have some experience in project management and coordination across teams
- You work well collaborating in a team with diverse skill-sets and personality types
- You have a working understanding of the regulations that apply to lending in the UK
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Initial Call
- Take Home Task
- Final stage (x3 interviews) consisting of a case study, role specific and values interview
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £65,000 to £85,000 ➕plus stock options + benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.