📍London/UK Remote | Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About the team:
Our Borrowing (consumer lending) team is growing and we’re looking for a Director to lead our Capital, Impairments and Forecasting team across all lending products at Monzo. The ideal candidate should have in-depth knowledge of IFRS 9, Regulatory Capital and general Consumer Lending and Credit Risk Management activities.
You will report directly to the GM of Borrowing, and lead the Capital, Impairments and Forecasting team in Borrowing. As the size and sophistication of our Borrowing (consumer lending) portfolio grows, we have an
increasing need to compute, forecast and manage our credit risk impairment and capital. Our ambition is to build out a robust set of impairment and capital models and processes so that we can both meet our regulatory obligations and provide value-adding insights into underwriting and portfolio management. You will lead the team responsible for the impairment and capital models as well as forecasts for all our borrowing products.
How you’ll contribute:
- Leading a team that will own and manage all of our capital, impairment and forecasting models
- Managing projects ranging across: model development, implementation, scenario design, data manipulation and documentation (both of models and of modelled results for eg: annual ICAAP exercises)
- Reporting monthly impairment results and annual stress testing results at governance forums to Monzo’s executive team, in particular our GM of Borrowing, CFO and CRO
- Producing the business forecast for Borrowing working closely with the Credit Risk teams for each product and Finance Business partners
- Partnering closely with key stakeholders including Financial Oversight, Credit Risk Team and Internal and External Audit
- Be a member of the Borrowing Leadership Team which drives Monzo's overall borrowing strategy
You should apply if:
- You have a strong domain expertise of IFRS9 impairments, Stress Testing and credit risk capital modelling on consumer lending portfolios
- You have a working understanding of the regulations that apply to lending in the UK
- You have experience working at banks with growing lending portfolios
- You have track record leading analytical teams
- You are a clear and precise communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points for our executive team
- Are comfortable working in a fast-moving and changing company
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Initial Call with the hiring manager
- Final loop of interviews meeting the team
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also use that email to let us know if there's anything we can do to make your application process easier for you, because of disability, neurodiversity or any other personal reason.
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London)
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.