We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Team:
This role is an integral part of our Supplier Operations team, supporting the company on all things related to Procurement & Contracts. Working collaboratively across a number of different departments you’ll see the breadth and depth of work that we do at Monzo. You will focus on delivering the best commercial deal, without compromising on quality or service, so that we deliver an amazing experience to our customers and internal teams.
To succeed, you should be happy working across all categories of procurement, but most comfortable with third parties that deliver technology/software solutions and have a solid understanding of data privacy principles to support this.
What you’ll be working on :
Day to day you will help bring on new partners by sourcing, negotiating, completing due diligence, developing contractual agreements alongside offering advice, support and training. Using your financing planning skills, you will work closely with our Money team to make sure we factor contract costs into our financial models.
The team is also responsible for maintaining an up-to-date record of all contracts. This means our teams have the right information to manage their supplier relationships and we stay compliant as a regulated bank.
- Working with the business to deliver the best commercial arrangement without compromising on quality or service
- Being a company expert on procurement, commercial and relationship management
- Collaborating with our key internal teams (i.e. Legal, Privacy, Risk and Money teams)
- Documenting and maintaining accurate information about the supplier/contracts in our vendor management system (OneTrust)
You should apply if:
- You have strong commercial and negotiation skills, partnered with clear communication skills
- You’re able to develop and maintain long term relationships with suppliers
- You have a strong track record of managing procurement for technology providers, understand software licensing models
- You understand key aspects of legal contracts and commercial agreements including a working knowledge of GDPR
- You have experience of Vendor management systems and associated reporting
- You’re able to work collaboratively with all levels of stakeholders to make a positive impact
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 2 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Role specific/Technical Interview
Our average process takes around 1 week but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process.
What’s in it for you:
💰 Competitive salary depending on your experience ➕ benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.