Remote | £23,500 - £25,500 (depending on experience and performance in the interview) + plus Benefits
About us:We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Vulnerability, Accessibility, Inclusion and Bereavements (VAIB) Team
The vulnerable customers role is for those people that have experience of working with adults with varying degrees of difficulties or personal hardship and can provide strong customer service, personal resilience and boundaries.
You'll be taking escalations from fellow Customer Service Advisors, chatting to customers through our in app chat and you'll need to be able to call customers.
Here are some of the situations you may deal with:
- Helping people with addictions make account adjustments to aid their recovery
- Helping people with various difficulties be fully understood by Monzo so we can help them to the best of our ability now and in the future
- Talking to people who are struggling to afford basic necessities, and find them the right help and support
- Talking to people who mention suicide, and figure out the best way to help them
- Advising your fellow Customer Service Advisors on tone of voice, phrasing, and actions for vulnerable people
- Understanding a customer’s financial accessibility needs and making adjustments to support their journey with Monzo
You should apply if you:
- Have experience working with vulnerable customers is essential
- Are skilled and confident in making and receiving calls
- Have a strong sense of empathy
- Have a strong sense of personal boundaries
- Have a good self-care regime
- Have the ability to prioritise difficult conversations effectively
- Have a strong team working ethic
Salary - £23,500 (£25,000 if you are based in Greater London) and a huge range of benefits. All Monzo team members get share options as part of their package.
Start date is 7th August 2023
This role will be fully remote in the UK.
Training will be Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm for 7 weeks and this will be carried out remotely (please note that holidays and appointments are not allowed during this time)
Shifts - To make sure we’re around to help our customers 24/7, we ask our new Customer Operations (COps) team members to commit to a rotating 7 week working pattern - Monday to Sunday 6am - 10pm inc bank holidays (40 hours)
Our interview process involves 2 main stages:
- Application and completion of application questions
- An interview that lasts approx 1 hour
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks. If you do have any specific questions during this time please contact me on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
From £23,500 (from £25,000 if you are based in Greater London) depending on direct and relevant experience and a huge range of benefits. All Monzo team members get share options as part of their package. plus stock options & benefits.
This role is distributed
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status