We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Finance Team:
You’ll report into the Head of Balance Sheet Management (BSM) and manage the day-to-day balance sheet risk management and optimisation. Your core job will be analysing, quantifying and reporting all aspects of balance sheet risks with a particular focus on interest rate in the banking book (IRRBB). You will also support the development and implementation of the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) framework, and contribute to enhancing the current Asset and Liability Management (ALM) framework.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of BSM in managing all aspects of balance sheet risks (with a particular focus on IRRBB)
- Reviewing and enhancing the current IRRBB methodologies, processes and models including stress testing scenarios/approaches
- Monitoring of all relevant risks, keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with internal and regulatory changes at all times
- Making sure the relevant policies and controls are updated regularly to reflect changes in business and regulatory requirements
- Supporting the production of ICAAP, particularly on IRRBB capital impacts
- Contributing to the implementation of an ALM system
- Preparing the ALCO/Board pack, taking meeting minutes and presenting at ALCO when required
- Supporting the implementation of best practice FTP framework
- Working collaboratively with teams across finance, second line & third line defence teams
You should apply if you have:
- Experience working at a bank with great knowledge of several areas of Treasury (particularly IRRBB)
- Working knowledge of standards that are required by regulators and how to deliver against them
- The desire to have key role in developing how Treasury works at Monzo
- Experience building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- What we are doing at Monzo excites you!
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- 30 mins phone call with a recruiter
- An initial call with someone from the team
- 2-3 interviews remotely via hangouts
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
📍This role is based in our London office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.