📍London | 💰£40,000 - £65,000 (based on experience level) + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been confusing, complex and not designed with customers in mind.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving customers problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our EA team to support our Executive team and senior leaders.
We know that an excellent EA leads to better outcomes for our customers by enabling the performance of the Executive they support. This is why we are looking for a passionate, ambitious EA who relishes working in a fast paced environment where they have an opportunity to make a real difference. We generally work 1:2 / 1:3 depending on the workload associated with the person.
Joining a team of nine you will collaborate with our existing EA team to keep Monzo running and to continue to raise the bar on what great support looks like.
What you’ll be involved in:
- Managing our leaders’ time to ensure their diaries are accurate, free from clashes, prioritised and creating space for them to get work done. Anticipating changes and proactively supporting them to keep their plates spinning.
- Supporting our leaders with their important weekly meetings whether that is with agenda, deck preparation, taking minutes or following up on actions.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of their world by proactively managing their inbox and keeping it clear of clutter and escalating important information to ensure it is addressed in a timely manner.
- Relationship building across your leaders organisation to keep your finger on the pulse of engagement.
- Owning the logistics of your leaders work life and their events. This could look like arranging day to day transport and accommodation, planning away days and socials for their team or ensuring they have a meeting room for every meeting.
- Working as part of an Executive Office, collaborating with the Chief of Staff and People Partner to deliver for your exec.
- While your focus will be on the leader that you’re supporting there will also be opportunities to get involved in project work and other initiatives across the organisation that interest you.
You should apply if:
- You have experience working as an EA previously within a fast paced environment. (While not a requirement, previous experience in a start-up or scale up is preferable)
- You’re resilient and tenacious in your approach to getting things done you’re not afraid to ask questions to gather the context you need to work autonomously
- You are excited by the opportunity to be involved in a broad surface area and able to context switch with ease.
- You have excellent communication skills with a proven ability to write and adapt style to different audiences
- You enjoy work where attention to detail is a key strength
- You enjoy collaborating as a team to get things done
- You have prior experience using Google suite & Slack or similar tools.
- You have strong EQ, with fine tuned instincts and problem solving skills.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 min): One of our Hiring team will reach out to you for an introductory conversation.
- Task: This will be sent to you and will be completed ahead of the final interviews.
- Full hiring loop (2 x 45 min interviews): Values & Role Specific
- Chemistry call with Exec/VP (30 mins)
Our average process takes around 4-6 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com.
Your compensation package:
💰 £40,000 to £65,000 base salary ➕ plus stock options
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role is based in our London office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.