📍Remote (UK) | 💰 £23,500 + Benefits (make sure you click me to check these out!)
Please reference any literature that you may refer to, as applications that are highly plagiarised and not your own work. e.g. ChatGPT, will be declined.
The application process 🤝
- Apply with your CV and answer the application questions
⭐️TOP TIP! We are looking for a high level of attention to detail in your answers
- Analytical problem solving skills in the scenario based questions, whilst being customer centric and empathetic.
- We would recommend you read through our tone of voice and try to align your application answers with this 🙂
- If you're successful 🎉 we’ll invite you to a remote interview where you'll meet with a couple team managers from our Financial Health team 🙏
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo. 💕
What will you be doing?
Our Collections team are the financial health heroes at the core of Monzo 🚀 They are here to identify and support customers who may be struggling with debt, offering them compassion and options to help. They do this with their top notch understanding of Monzo’s award winning lending products, credit file details and something we call a ‘decisioning process’ - something we’ll teach you all about!
Please take a few moments to check out this video from the FinHealth team at Monzo 🎥 The team have put together this video to share their experiences first hand on what it's like to work in the FinHealth team, and why you should consider joining! ❤️
What we’d like to see from you:
- You’ll need to have a background supporting customers, working in a contact centre.
- We’d love it if you also have prior collections experience, but don't worry if you don’t, you will get first class training from our Learning and Development team when you join.
- The ability to communicate with customers to the highest standard because we only want the best for them. You can ask open questions to understand their situation, listen and provide solutions - predominantly via our in-app chat with a small fraction of manual outbound calls (when requested by our customers) and emails.
- From time to time things are complex so a keen eye for detail and a high standard of work will really help in this team.
- Understanding and keeping up to date with our regulatory obligations and ensuring these are fulfilled in our customer outcomes (in line with the FCA).
- Most importantly - you live and breathe people and customers like we do.
Here is a presentation from one of our FinHealth Hero’s to give you a flavour of what we do in this role:
Your working life and shift requirements ☀️
- Working hours fall within Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am - 6pm (37.5 hours a week, remote working).
- Your shift pattern will vary on a weekly basis, but don't worry, we give you plenty of notice in advance.
- You're guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month.
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need:
- to work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 5 mbps)
- You will need to own your own smartphone, because you’ll need it each time you log into our customer support system.
- We'll provide you with a Macbook on your first day as well as having additional equipment you can request to support you - should you need it.
- You’ll receive a one off payment of £200 from us once you have started to help you set up your very own perfect home office space, you could buy a desk and chair with it - if you like.
Did we mention we are a multi award winning employer too? We recently won three awards at this year's prestigious European Contact Centre & Customer Service Awards (ECCCSA). These include:
- Gold Award for Great Place to Work
- Silver Award for Best Approach to Diversity and Inclusion
- Bronze Award for Large Contact Centre of the Year
Questions about this role or application process? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers) or email us if we need to make any adjustments to the application process because of disability or neurodiversity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.