We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Marketing Analytics Team:
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing Analytics and Customer Insight to join our data discipline here at Monzo. As the first person to hold a dedicated leadership role in Marketing Analytics, you’ll be shaping this team from the ground up. You will decide how to build and scale the team and work closely with our VP of Marketing, COO and as a member of the data leadership team
What you’ll be working on:
On day one, you'll develop and nurture a team of data scientists and analysts to make smart marketing investments across all of our products at Monzo. You’ll work closely with the CRM team to build out more robust segmentation strategies, determine the priorities for the marketing data team and help to provide insights around some of the most critical challenges we face as we scale. Our marketing, product and data orgs are all growing significantly and you’ll be at the epicentre of that growth.
You’ll help us with the following questions and challenges:
- How do different user segments interact with Monzo?
- Where should Monzo make its marketing investments?
- What impact do our marketing campaigns have? How can we optimise them and make them work harder?
- How should we think about product awareness and consideration?
- Which of our in-app marketing channels are most effective?
- What roles do virality and network effects play in driving Monzo's organic growth?
- What are the key drivers of users recommending Monzo?
- What interactions do we see between product usage? How can we use this to inform pricing?
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have experience working in a hands on data scientist role before moving into a leadership role
- You have deep knowledge of marketing analytics, across brand marketing, CRM, and performance marketing, and the tools used to approach these problems (econometrics, testing).
- You have experience hiring and managing a team of high performing data scientists and analysts
- You can build relationships with stakeholders outside of your immediate business area
- You can set best practice on complicated analytical and data science problems, translating business questions into technical investigations
- You’re equally comfortable working hands on and leading a team
- You enjoy collaborating and working closely with senior stakeholders across product, design, operations, commercial and user research
- You're used to distilling high quality insights from quantitative data into tangible recommendations
- You're extremely outcome and user focused and enjoy supporting teams to make better decisions with date
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!
- 30 minute recruiter call
- 45 minute call with hiring manager
- 3 x 1-hour video calls with various team members
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.