📍London | 💰 £40-60k + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Financial Reporting Team:
We're looking for a highly proactive, enthusiastic and commercially-minded accountant to work on our financial reporting, and help us build a world-class finance function.
We have some really exciting challenges coming up like launching investment products, continuing to grow our customer base, keep growing our lending business and add to our marketplace. You’ll work on scaling Monzo in a controlled way, while helping us optimise our financial reporting processes with the help of technology. You’ll join the Finance team and report to our Financial Reporting Manager.
- Managing a tight process with our internal finance team to ensure a swift month-end close process (i.e taking ownership of our leases, managing accruals schedules, inventory, treasury investments, etc).
- Understanding the business and our products to write insightful management commentary.
- Working with our engineers to automate the production elements of this role, allowing you to focus on the parts of the role where your knowledge and skills provide the most value.
- Becoming a Netsuite guru and make sure we are taking advantage of all its features to minimise manual elements of reporting.
- Being responsible for ensuring our financial reporting policies, procedures and controls are up to date, relevant and useful for Monzo and importantly are scalable.
- Supporting the full year end process, from drafting the annual report to working with external auditors until final sign-off.
- Reviewing new products, assessing the accounting and implementing them in our banking platform and accounting system.
- Developing and produce investor relations packs.
- Work with the business to assess the impact of changes in accounting standards and make proposals on accounting policy matters for new products launched.
- Preparing monthly management and adhoc reports, offering meaningful analysis of movements.
- Resolving miscellaneous inquiries and supporting the overall finance team wherever needed - from forecasting and valuations, to bank transfers and tax policy research!
You should apply if:
- You’re a qualified accountant, and ideally have had some experience in financial reporting and control outside of practice (bonus points for experience with Netsuite)
- You have a great eye for detail
- You’re fascinated by the banking and regulatory landscape, and have a good understanding of key financial controls
- You’re a self-starter and enjoy tackling what needs doing, whether it’s making a bank transfer or pulling together reports for investors
- You’re comfortable translating complex information into simple words for people with diverse backgrounds
- You’re interested in using data (SQL skills would be a bonus)
- You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- 30 mins phone call with a recruiter
- An initial call with someone from the team
- 2-3 interviews remotely via hangouts
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
📍This role can be based in our London office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for all of our people to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.