📍Remote, UK | 💰 £22,250 + Benefits
Please note - To be considered for this role, you must have robust and specific regulated complaint handling experience - ideally within the Financial Sector for a minimum of 2 years.
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Complaints team
Our Complaints function sits alongside our Customer Operations team to make sure we offer all our customers the best possible service, even when things go wrong. We embed empathy into our complaints process to turn distress into delight, and we’re looking for people to join our team who can help us drive this mission forward.
We're looking for empathetic, adaptable, and experienced Complaint Handlers who will be able to bring their existing knowledge and complaint handling expertise to our Customer Operations team, helping us to meet and exceed our regulatory requirements. We’re looking for applicants with robust experience within a specific Complaint Handling role - ideally within the Financial Sector. If you have this experience, care deeply about making customers happy, and are passionate about making things better - we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll be working on 💛
We already have a fantastic front-line Customer Operations team (COps) and want to strengthen this even more by bringing in some experienced Complaint Handlers. You’ll be the point of contact for customers who feel particularly disappointed in the service we’ve provided.
Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we also pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving our customers’ problems, treating them fairly, and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪
We know that things can go wrong sometimes, and you’ll be tasked with turning the situation around while providing crucial feedback to Monzo on how we can make things better.
Your day-to-day 💬
- Providing the best customer experience when handling complex complaints in writing and over the phone.
- Supporting Root Cause Analysis and internal feedback loops with frontline support and specialist domains to mitigate future complaints.
- Helping to cultivate and maintain a unique and customer-centric culture.
- Investigating complex issues and engaging with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Delivering some general front-line Customer Service in addition to Complaints Handling.
You should apply if
- You have robust and specific regulated complaint handling experience - ideally within the Financial Sector for a minimum of 2 years.
- You’re adaptable to change, we’re a very fast growing business.
- You’re resilient and confident dealing with complaints over the phone.
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail and can reach fair outcomes for our complainants.
- You’re comfortable using a laptop (we’ll provide you with a MacBook).
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- You enjoy investigating complex issues and getting to the root cause of the issue while putting things right.
- You can make the complex simple, and explain it to others in an engaging and informative way.
- You can quickly pick up the important parts of regulation, and understand how they impact Monzo.
- You’re deeply empathetic, always put yourself in the shoes of the customer and take end-to-end ownership of a customer's issue.
- You’ve got reliable access to the internet from your home, and a private space to work. You’ll need a minimum broadband speed of 10mbp/s download and 5-8mbp/s upload.
The Interview Process 👩💼
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Application stage
- Take home task
- Remote assessment day, lasting approximately 2-3 hours
If you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰 £22,250 per year depending on experience (If you are based in Greater London we take this into consideration)➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role is based remotely, but if you prefer an office environment, there is opportunities to work in our Cardiff office
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
- You’ll be working between 40 hours a week 8am-8pm over five days Monday - Friday. Shifts could look like 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm, 10am-7pm or 11am-8pm. You cannot choose your shift and so full flexibility is require
- The next start date is November 14th and training will be for up to 6 weeks. Please note that no holidays or appointments are permitted during the training period.
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need:
- to work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 5 mbps)
- We'll provide you with a work laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
#LI-Remote #LI-MY #LI-NE