Monzo is the main challenger bank in the UK. In the last few years we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 10% of UK adults have a Monzo account.
We’re also a multiple award winning bank! At the recent British Bank Awards, Monzo picked up Best British Bank, Best Business Banking Provider and Best Banking App
These awards are testament to the brilliant people we have at Monzo, who live our mission and values daily and ensure customers are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Team
We’re looking for a senior product leader to help to join our largest and fastest growing collective - Borrowing.
Borrowing is made up of 7 squads focusing on Loans, Overdrafts, Monzo Flex, supporting customers in financial difficulties, and exploring new products that could meet our customers’ borrowing needs. The squads design and build new features, optimise existing ones, run growth experiments, and develop internal tooling to support our Customer Operations team.
This is the collective that built our popular new product Monzo Flex. Flex enables Monzo customers to spread the cost of pretty much anything over 3, 6 or 12 instalments. We designed it to enable our customers to manage paying for things that fall outside of their regular monthly budgets. Unlike some other Buy Now Pay Later products, customers only need to apply for Flex once to unlock a credit limit they can use again and again - and we only lend to people who pass our eligibility checks. Unlike credit cards, Flex is designed to keep customers in control by giving them a defined repayment period for every transaction.
Borrowing is core to Monzo’s growth, enabling us to serve a core financial need for our customers. We are customer-obsessed and passionate about responsible lending.
About the Role
You will be a member of the Borrowing Leadership Team. You’ll be responsible for the delivery, improvement and building of new products within the world of Borrowing and ensuring that we are set up to scale. You will lead and coach our team of 7 Product Managers so that they can reach higher and develop their careers. You will formulate strategic plans to grow Borrowing whilst also protecting and improving the customer experience.
This role will also be part of the leadership team for the Product organisation and will report to the Chief Product Officer, with a line to the General Manager, Borrowing.
In this role, you will have impact in a variety of areas including:
- Developing multiple Product teams to build a high-functioning org of passionate PMs.
- Defining and embedding a long-term Product strategy for Borrowing
- Identifying and deeply understanding customer needs to build products that solve real problems.
- Instilling a test and learn mentality across your team and the broader product organisation and using data to prioritise and measure impact.
- Working closely with data, design and engineering leaders to support and inspire your teams as they develop their product areas
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:
- Experience leading a complex product area, including direct management of Product Managers as well as working closely with or directly leading design and data teams.
- Past experience building impactful product as an individual contributor prior to moving into a leadership role.
- Strong people leadership principles and a passion for developing others.
- A love of highly cross-functional teams including close partnership with Engineering, Data and Design leaders.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.