We’re looking for an experienced Employee Relations Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract. Who will own the employee relations strategy for Monzo. Your role will be a strategic partner to People Partners and business leaders, providing thought leadership, advice and counsel on performance management and employee relations matters. The Employee Relations Manager also leads a team of People Advisors who support our business leaders and will be responsible for setting goals for the team as well as engaging and developing the people within it.
Our internal community is core to achieving our mission of making money work for everyone. We believe that clarity is kindness and we want to be efficient, proactive, knowledgeable and timely in providing clear counsel to enable leaders to make good People decisions. We also want to ensure that all of our people policies are focused on employee experience and are built with respect and empathy at their core.
There is a huge amount of opportunity for someone who is passionate about people experience to work with the foundation that we have already created and take it forward so that we are able to scale alongside our internal population. We are looking for someone who is excited at the idea of building policies and procedures and is excited at the opportunity to make Monzo more rigorous while in-keeping with our values.
- Acting as an escalation point for our most complex employee relations cases. Collaborating with senior stakeholders, internal employment lawyers and People Partners.
- Developing our managers and leaders competency in goal setting, wellbeing support and mental health support.
- Setting the standard for employee relations at Monzo and working with the business to build the procedures and training that sets Monzo up for success.
- Lead, engage and develop our team of people advisors
- Provide management information on employee relations cases at Monzo and own the action plans to drive down cases over time in collaboration with People Partners
This may be the role for you if:
- You have experience handling a variety of complex employee relations issues
- You are passionate about providing empathetic, kind people experience even in the toughest of circumstances.
- You have experience of leading and motivating teams, building strong team capability and fostering an environment of empowerment.
- You love problem solving and getting the root of problems in a fair, consistent, and timely manner
- You can use data to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans
- You are able to build strong, trusting relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- This role can be based anywhere in the UK - either at home or in our London or Cardiff office.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30mins phone call with a recruiter, followed by 2 virtual interviews remotely via google hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.