At Monzo, our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need from a bank. Our net promoter score is more than 2x that of other banks, and we are the fastest-growing bank in the UK. Monzo better resembles a fast-paced FinTech than a traditional bank – we move fast, ship new things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
As we continue to scale, we’re looking for an Operations Director to lead our service management and service partner performance, taking us to the next level and creating a great experience for our teams.
We’re passionate about providing exceptional service to our customers, meeting tight service levels and operating in a lean and flexible way. We’re also keen to continue being the best place to work for our Customer Operations teams (COps) and providing a best in industry working environment.
As Operations Director, you’ll be working in an ever changing environment where we are building and iterating on our workforce processes and systems to ensure we keep delighting our customers. You’ll be accountable for the service delivery and multi-regional customer operations (COps) team that serves our customers 24/7. You’ll also be responsible for designing processes that would support scaling quickly and providing a great work environment for our COps team.
We’re still growing, and this is the right time to review our tools, processes and operational footprint. You’ll help us build and improve these for now and for our future roadmap. We’re looking for a hands-on, data driven operational leader who can bring fresh thinking and new ways to inspire the team to deliver service excellence, regardless of the location.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Leading and motivating teams to support customer operations through the delivery of best in industry quality and service that supports both our short and long range requirements and developing strategic plans.
- Being accountable for service delivery and driving continuous improvement across the operation, including our outsourced services.
- Directly managing the current and potential service partners - driving efficiencies in the operation, whilst delivering excellent customer service.
- Being accountable for the support required for fast-paced and rapidly evolving customer-facing operations, ensuring the delivery of industry-leading customer service experience through our contact channels
- Developing and delivering an 18-24 month operational roadmap and location strategy for services, to support the delivery of our business goals and people experience.
- Developing and managing strong working partnerships with key operational and supporting teams to deliver as one team against our goals.
- Being a key member of the Customer Operations Leadership team, helping to design and set the strategy to enable growth in an ever changing business environment.
You should apply if you:
- Have a background in complex contact centre management (within a rapidly scaling company would be a huge plus)
- Have led teams through the integration of new sites and/or service providers/partners
- Have led high performing teams and are able to deliver excellence through them
- Are focused on continuous improvement, and have established this capability to drive improvement initiatives in customer experience and operational efficiency
- Are an excellent analytical thinker with great organisational skills
- Take a data-driven approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Are able to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to thrive and seek solutions in a highly complex, ambiguous environment
- Are excited about what we’re doing at Monzo!
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 10th July
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
This role can be based from our London or Cardiff offices or remotely within the UK (with the ability to travel to our offices once or twice a month).
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
The application process consists of an introductory phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by 2-3 interviews conducted remotely via Google Meet
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.