We're looking for a Product Data Scientist excited to help us revolutionise the way people manage their finances. A key part of this role is product development our recently launched Monzo Flex, a product that gives customers a better way to pay later. You’ll help us understand and improve the user experience for a new product, help drive growth (we have over five million current account customers), and how we consider cross product dynamics across the range of borrowing products.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over five million customers in the UK. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Product Analytics team's mission is to Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company - and want to embed this into Monzo Flex, using powerful, real-time analytics to drive how we think about product development, growth hacking, and ongoing customer engagement.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Work within a Product squad within the Borrowing Collective, collaborating closely with designers, PMs, and engineers to develop the testing and product roadmap for Monzo Flex.
- Actively explore uptake and engagement of Monzo Flex and our other borrowing products, to make sure we can offer the right product and features to our customers
- Be the expert on running simple and more complex experiments so that we can reliably measure the impact of changes we make to our borrowing products
- Scale your knowledge and impact across data in borrowing by sharing your knowledge and working with others on projects and experiments
- Find enjoyment in contributing to data across Monzo by sharing your insights, contributing to our core data pipelines and proactively spotting opportunities for applications of your work in other areas of the business
What’s special about data at Monzo?
Autonomy. We believe that people reach their full potential when you can remove all the operational obstacles out of their way and let them run with their ideas. This comes together with a strong sense of ownership for your projects. At Monzo, you will get full access to our data and analytics infrastructure. When you discover something interesting, there is nothing stopping you from exploring and implementing your coolest ideas.
Cutting-edge managed infrastructure. All our data infrastructure lives on the Google Cloud Platform, so you don't need to spend your time configuring or managing clusters, databases, etc. All of our infrastructure is designed so that we can have really high data quality, and spend most of our time using that data to support business decisions.
Automation. We aim to automate as much as we can, so that every person in the team can focus on the things that humans do best. As with all data science work, there’s some analysis and reporting, and as much as possible we encourage self-serve access to our data through Looker.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
- You have experience in conducting large scale A/B experiments
Nice to haves:
- You have multiple years of experience in product or growth analytics, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- You have experience working in financial services
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the UK
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- The application process consists of a 30 min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions - you can get a feel for our hiring processes here.