We're looking for a Marketing Data Scientist excited to help us build the bank of the future. You'll work across all our marketing channels, to help Monzo understand the ROI across our entire marketing investment, from first to last £ spent. You'll have the opportunity to help supercharge our user growth, help grow our most exciting new products and be the voice of data for our marketing department.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over four and half million customers in the UK, with over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Marketing and Product Analytics team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where you'll be a member of our central data discipline and fully embedded within our marketing department.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, performance marketing, and data presentation to find ways we can spend our marketing budget more effectively.
- Own the measurement strategy for campaigns via methods such as randomised lift tests, geo-targeted lift tests, and marketing mix models
- Work across our full product range and help shape our marketing investment strategy
- Partner with our in-house and agency marketers to determine which channels are most effective
- Manage relationships with our advertising partners and their analytics measurement teams, to collaborate on best practice and experimental design
- Work with Engineers in our Marketing Tech team to define measurement requirements and guide their implementation
- Use our cloud native data infrastructure (i.e BigQuery, Looker) to help us build visibility on channel performance
- Stay up to date with the latest performance marketing measurement strategies in industry
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You’re passionate about marketing science and understand the causal impact marketing can have
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You have multiple years of experience working in marketing or performance marketing analytics, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- You have experience in conducting large scale A/B experiments, regional experimentation and marketing mix modeling
- You have a solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the UK
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- The application process consists of a 30 min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions - you can get a feel for our hiring processes here.