- Location: Anywhere in the UK. We have a flexible working model with offices in central London and Cardiff🏡
- Salary and package: We have a levelling framework for our Product Managers, depending on your experience, salary for this role can range from £80k+ (and share options). To read more about our other benefits, scroll to the bottom of this link - https://monzo.com/careers/ 💰
Monzo is the main challenger bank in the UK. In the last few years we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 10% of UK adults have a Monzo account.
As a PM you’ll work across a huge product scope, having full autonomy for your squad’s focus within our wider business and product strategy. You’ll prioritise thoughtfully within that huge area so that we operate with the highest leverage and impact.
We’re looking for two Senior Product Managers for our award-winning FinCrime Collective to join our team and help us build one of the best, most innovative banks in the world.
Product Managers at Monzo enjoy tremendous scope and responsibility. They work at the core of multi-disciplinary teams that operate with autonomy and initiative to build and improve products that have demonstrable positive impact on our customers’ lives. PMs and their teams set big, ambitious goals and then have freedom to determine how to meet them.
About the team:
Our FinCrime team recently won an award at the British Bank Awards 2022 for the ‘Best Application of AI and ML in Financial Services’. We work hand in hand with FinCrime domain experts, engineers and customer support teams to ensure that we are able to build products that support the growth of Monzo, but meet regulatory needs, and ensure the safety of our customers.
Our Mission is
“Our vision for Financial Crime at Monzo is to enable products and services that solve for the financial needs of all customers AND inherently safeguard customers and society from the harm of financial crime.”
The product squads are cross-functional and focus on all aspects of FinCrime and onboarding, including our sign up flows, our decisioning processes, fraud, and all aspects of the customer journey, ensuring that customers have a seamless and magical experience, but are subject to processes to ensure that they are safe, and that we as a bank are meeting our regulatory obligations. Our team binds together two worlds, ensuring that we can innovate and imbue product-centricity into everything that we do, whilst meeting our regulatory requirements.
Alongside key product management skills, values and ways of working are super important to us. Our Product Managers should actively want to build relationships with their team in order for them to bring their best selves to work. We don’t refer to our Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, or Researchers as ‘resources’ - they are all individuals, and should be treated as such. We work as a team and our achievements are celebrated as a team 🥳
As part of your role, you will:
- Work with a multidisciplinary cross-functional team to find the best path to meeting your squad goals and our business objectives.
- Deliver at pace - our Product Managers work on a number of projects at any given time and ship at speed.
- Grow and nurture a new squad that will have shifting priorities and focuses.
- Build strategy - you won’t just be focused on delivery, you will have autonomy over building roadmaps and shaping what the future looks like for your squad.
- Make data driven decisions and are confident working with technical individuals from various disciplines across machine learning, and data.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with design, engineering, research, data, legal, compliance and many others to refine your plan and execute against it effectively.
- Track and monitor how we’re doing with core metrics for your area, and new ones you develop with the team for the work you’re doing. Iterate and improve on your work to hit our goals and create value for our customers.
You’ll do great here if:
- You’ve shipped world-class products at a fast growing company.
- You’re adaptable - you’ll be joining a new squad that’s being shaped, so adaptability and flexibility is key as priorities will shift and evolve.
- You’re passionate about building value for customers and not just achieving business results.
- You’re data driven, passionate about metrics, and intellectually honest about how your work is performing -- and driven to continuously improve it.
- You’re comfortable working in a deeply collaborative, highly technical team
- You’re passionate about learning every day and sharing your knowledge and experience every day.
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- Bonus - If you’ve worked within the FinCrime space.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. If we want to solve problems for people in the UK and throughout the world our team has to look like our customers. This means we have to attract the best talent and create an environment which supports and includes them. Doing this is deeply important to us. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog. And if you prefer to work part-time, from home, or as a job share we’ll make this happen wherever and whenever we can -- whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.