We’re building the best bank in the world.
We are the company that elevates the expectations people have of financial services. Today, Monzo is the fastest growing bank in the UK and we’ve only just begun.
We are looking for an experienced leader for one of our biggest product areas. Personal Banking and Subscriptions builds and scales the core UK personal app. They design and build the free and subscription products, expand our social network and develop the intelligence that drives most of what you touch and feel. We create a product experience that makes our customers tell their friends “I didn’t think a bank could do that” and tops net promoter scores across multiple industries.
To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable spanning the worlds of design, data, user research, marketing/growth and engineering. You should be committed to building something bigger than yourself and open to learning what you don’t know.
We believe in diversity in our leadership and across our teams. We encourage an open, collaborative, inclusive working environment. We contribute to open source software, and we continually engage with our wonderful community. We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future. Join us!
Personal Banking & Subscriptions
We build the products at the heart of what Monzo does and lies at the core of our long term success as a company that is looking to change people's relationship with their money. Most of the front end Monzo experience is built by this team, working in collaboration with other teams that build and run our infrastructure (e.g. payments) or specialist financial products (e.g. flex and loans).
We have built a number of Monzo’s most loved features today, here are but a few of them:
- A transaction experience, which is simple and fast, especially online
- Pots to help you save and segment your money
- Peer to peer payments that fit your life (i.e. splitting a bill or sharing expenses with your roommates)
- Trends and budgets that give real visibility into where you are spending your money, including across other banks and credit cards
- Fast and cheap international transfers, in partnership with Wise
- Subscription accounts that come packed with software features like virtual cards, insurance, credit tracking and more
- Our beautiful hot coral card :)
Across several teams, we work on incubating new financial products and features, growth and evolving the app experience.
You’ll be responsible for coaching and leading a team of 5 PMs and have dotted-line leadership as a cross-functional team of design, data and engineering. You’ll partner closely with company leaders in Design, Product Engineering, Data Science and Marketing, both in the UK and the US. Continuing to scale the team to accelerate shipping velocity, make Monzo more intelligent and build new products will core to your role.
- Setting vision and strategy for our paid and personal banking products
- Ensuring that we make high quality build decisions that are sensitive to scalability and speed
- Defining KPIs and incorporating insights into day to day decision making
- Supporting and coaching growth teams, working closely with our marketing team
- Working with product leaders across payments, operations, borrowing, business banking and financial crime to ship high quality product
- Coaching, developing and managing Product Managers
- Raising the bar for quality of work and thought across multiple teams
- Present the company in the best possible manner on stage across industry events, advocating our technology and its value proposition
Experience & Outcomes
- You have significant experience as a product manager and have managed teams of product managers.
- You can coach and manage diverse teams and help people level up their craft and their careers.
- You can be a bridge between engineers, designers, data scientists, marketers and operations and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- You are comfortable spanning growth teams as well as core product teams and have worked in (or with) both.
- You are intellectually curious and can help craft qualitative and quantitative research that improves foundational knowledge.
- Great at prioritising. You zero in on the highest leverage things and hold your team accountable for doing the same.
- You can go from ideas to implementable projects and use data and experimentation to make decisions wherever possible.
- You have tried things that failed and learnt from these experiences.
- You are excited by the ambition of what we’re doing at Monzo.
London or Remote UK with travel to London
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Our interview process is normally a phone interview, a call with the General Manager for Personal Banking and Subscriptions (45mins), and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews that can be conducted via hangouts as well. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.