We’re looking for an experienced People leader to collaborate with our senior team across the business to scale our culture and to deliver excellent people outcomes. Monzo is a progressive company that is dedicated to lifting the bar on people experience and creating a high performing and engaging culture. Monzo has a strong reputation for delivering innovative people policies that enable our people to do the best work of their lives to date.
As People Partner Director you would sit on the People Collective Leadership team and use your experience to influence people policies and processes across the business. You would lead the People Partner squad and empower them to deliver solutions for their client groups and to build high trust, rigorous relationships that grows their leaders and their leadership teams.
Our mission at Monzo is to make money work for everyone. A core part of achieving that mission is ensuring Monzo works for everyone internally. If you are excited by the idea of working with passionate People professionals and want the opportunity to really make a difference, this role may be right for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting directly into the Director of People Experience and sit on the People Leadership team.
- Providing leadership and management to the People Partners squad, enabling them to scale alongside Monzo and create alignment and excellent outcomes for our people and Monzo.
- Driving a high performance, high engagement culture in order to achieve the Monzo strategy through our people.
- Leading and influencing change management with cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborating with our Director of D&I to drive systemic change in our organisation through our leadership.
- Working closely with C-Suite across the business to create a robust and equitable approach to the People lifecycle in terms of development, succession, performance, engagement and retention in line with Monzo culture.
- Analysing and utilising People analytics and metrics to identify gaps and opportunities to best prioritise Partner goals and work.
You should apply if:
- You enjoy building from the ground up and are excited by the chance to make an impact on a fast paced, progressive organisation.
- You have experience building strong, trusting relationships with senior business leaders and are able to flex comfortably between advisor and coach.
- You have experience using people analytics to inform decision making and measure success.
- You have experience managing and leading a team that has a high performance culture.
- Relevant, progressive people experience in recruiting, employee relations, people operations, compensation/benefits, and/or organisational development.
- You have a passion for results and are able to deliver from end to end in a fast paced environment
- Very strong EQ, with fine tuned instincts and problem solving skills.
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the UK.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.