Our Finance team is growing and we are looking for a detailed & collaborative Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner to join the team. You will work in a team that manages the P&L and Balance Sheet and helps the business make strategic financial decisions.
Monzo is an exciting combination of a bank and tech start up, started from scratch in February 2015 to build a bank that makes money work for everyone. We are focussed on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler & giving you complete control from your smartphone.
Combining the learnings of some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world with your own unique approach, you will be part of a Finance team that fosters our open, collaborative and inclusive working environment, embraces change and loves to continuously learn. You will enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable to effecting change across the globe.
In this role, you will partner with the Personal Banking leadership team to support Monzo’s growth aspirations. The role will require someone who is motivated to make a big impact.
We are seeking an analytical problem solver with solid financial knowledge & outstanding analytical skills. Someone who loves numbers, who can think critically and who will use their financial acumen to help grow our business. This is an opportunity to challenge assumptions and drive change, work with business teams on our key projects and with our wider finance teams to establish best in class analytics, processes and controls. The role has regular interaction with senior stakeholders and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The right candidate will have previously led production of commercial analysis and forecasted P&Ls, will love to build business cases, present & debate investment choices and is comfortable with both digging into details and thinking about the big picture. You should also be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and multicultural environment.
How You Will Contribute:
- Drive our major revenue & cost initiatives by providing our management team, Board & employees with insights about performance
- Use financial expertise to drive commercial performance through accurate, timely, commercial insights and advice. Discussion with the business, with risks/issues and proposed solutions
- Ensure financials are managed in line with business plans for both short & long term
- Analysis of financial outputs, connecting then with underlying input drivers and translating them into insights to inform decision making
- Own inputs to financial planning & forecasting cycles: business partnering to build robust forecasts/models with business areas and work closely with central FP&A team to design, maintain & evolve financial models
- Project ownership, assessing revenue & investment cost opportunities for new products, innovations and customer analysis that help us better serve Monzo’s customers
- Able to deal with ambiguity, develop recommendations & drive solutions proactively/autonomously
- Support strategy formulation and tactical direction setting
- Work closely with regulatory reporting, treasury and product squads to maintain capital and P&L projections and insights
- Advise on deal making & contracts, maximising our commercial position
- Partner with all Finance areas to make sure you have a rounded understanding of the financial impacts across the business
You should apply if you:
- Have 4+ years experience in FP&A, business partnering or strategy
- Have strong finance experience from Tech companies; strong understanding of cost & revenue drivers of a Tech business
- Demonstrable experience in forecasting, business partnering, financial modelling & analysis & strategic decision making
- Demonstrable experience building strong, trusted relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Operate at all levels, by staying connected to the detail as well as being able to step back & see the bigger picture
- Utilise strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prioritise across multiple tasks/projects and work to tight deadlines
- Are hands-on and enjoy supporting colleagues, projects or tasks both big or small
- Have SQL, data analysis experience (experience using Anaplan is a big plus!)
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, and 2-3 interviews remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
The salary is competitive plus we offer stock options and other benefits.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
While the pandemic is still here, everyone at Monzo is welcome to work remotely. When things return to normal, we'd like you to be able to be part of working in a team environment in our London office at least 1 day a week
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.