At Monzo we believe there’s a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
We’re looking to revolutionise the way people manage their finances by putting them in control and promoting their financial wellbeing. Our Borrowing business is growing rapidly (both on our existing products, and with the planned launch of new products). We aim to create a genuine feel-good factor when it comes to personal credit, and are looking for driven, analytical and creative individuals to help us achieve this goal.
With your experience of leading unsecured retail credit risk teams and building best in class credit capabilities, you'll help drive the success of Monzo's borrowing propositions. You will be responsible for leading a team of Credit analysts to develop our credit and pricing strategies for one of our borrowing products. You will work with colleagues across teams to make sure we are building profitable lending portfolios and amazing products for our customers.
You'll spend your time:
- Leading workstreams to improve our credit underwriting, boost growth and/or manage portfolio risk
- Working with people from engineering, marketing, product, risk and control to design and deliver initiatives
- Developing our credit control and portfolio management framework to support our growing portfolios
- Delivering market insight and competitor benchmarking analysis to support strategy development
- Developing our customer-level lending strategy
- Oversee the development of credit models to project cashflows and assess net present value of new lending cohorts
- Writing credit proposals which will be adopted as Monzo underwriting policy
- Supporting the design and roll-out of new borrowing products by finding patterns in the data and translating these into insights
- Overseeing and enhancing the database tables and dashboards that provide insights and promote rapid, data-driven decisions
- Assessing how the lending portfolio of particular products will perform over time
- Managing, mentoring and coaching more junior analysts
You should apply if:
- You have substantial experience in unsecured retail lending (e.g. personal loans, credit cards, overdrafts, buy now pay later, motor finance)
- You have a solid understanding of lending economics and have experience developing and deploying underwriting strategies and credit models
- You have experience motivating and leading analytical teams
- You have strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills. SQL is a must-have, Python is a plus
- You can bring a dynamic energy to the team, and are keen for the chance to improve our products and help ship changes to our customers
- You are a clear communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points
- You have some experience in project management and coordination across teams
- You work well collaborating in a team with diverse skill-sets and personality types
- You have a working understanding of the regulations that apply to lending in the UK
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the UK
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- The application process consists of a 30 min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical analytical exercise and 3-4 video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.