We’re looking for an empathetic graphic designer with a strong portfolio of work in both illustration and motion design.
We’re building a bank for and with our users (more than 6 million people already!) and your work here will shape the way all those lovely people interact and feel about their finances.
Projects you could work on:
- Push our visual brand language to the next level.
- In-app branding (splash screens, illustration, animation…)
- Bring feature launches and new products to life.
- Marketing campaigns across channels.
- Evolve the design of our Monzo cards and work with our partners to make them a reality.
You’ll be part of the design team: we are a horizontal team within Monzo so we work closely with other teams to frame problems and help them to create the right solutions. As a team we’re small so each of us really has a lot of impact on how Monzo looks and works.
We use Figma for all our UI work, Adobe After Effects for animations and Adobe Illustrator for, well, illustrations. We’re quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to contribute all the good practices you’ve used before.
You should apply if:
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs.
- You make well-reasoned design decisions understanding colour, light and materials.
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective visual design.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable working autonomously.
- You have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals.
- You are able to work and collaborate with people across all levels and departments to solicit requirements from a brief to ensure all creative output delivers on the needs of the business
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Salary is dependant on experience plus stock options and other benefits.
We are open to candidates looking to work within a hybrid approach out of our London office or fully remote.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
The application process consists of a 30mins phone call with a recruiter, followed by 2 virtual interviews remotely via Google Meet. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.