We’re looking for a Senior Compensation Manager / Lead to join our growing Reward team to help lead and drive reward programmes across the organisation. Monzo is on a mission to make banking work for everyone, and to do that we need to build world-class reward programmes to attract, retain, engage and motivate the best talent in the world, whilst remaining consistent with our values and culture.
As a fast paced, progressive and dynamic organisation, we’re looking for someone who is highly adaptable, thinks critically and is able to work collaboratively across the business. You’ll be pivotal in helping us make Monzo the place where everyone feels supported to do their best work.
Reporting to the VP of Reward, you’ll be empowered to make a huge impact on the success of the company by leading and delivering critical reward activity. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in areas of reward expertise such as: Remuneration Committee activity, equity and share plan design and management, banking remuneration regulations, pay frameworks, market benchmarking, benefits and pension, and much more.
We’re looking for a compensation expert to lead on Monzo’s pay frameworks, job architecture and market benchmarking activity. In addition, you’ll act as a compensation partner / lead for Monzo’s Technology and Engineering teams. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that Monzo remains competitive within the dynamic and ultra fast-paced technology talent market. You’ll lead on:
- Monzo’s job architecture (inc. levelling framework), pay frameworks and bands
- Researching market trends to ensure that our pay frameworks remain competitive
- Acting as compensation lead and partner to our Technology and Engineering teams ensuring that we evolve our pay strategy to remain competitive
- Partnering with our Hiring team to help deliver a consistently world-class experience for prospective candidates
- Compensation reporting and MI
In addition to being Monzo’s resident compensation expert, you’ll also have the opportunity to gain broader reward experience to support your career development goals. We are a small and collaborative Reward team, and we’ll continue to foster support and cross-working across our different specialist areas of expertise.
You should apply if:
- You’ve managed relevant compensation activity within a technology company in the UK or USA
- You can demonstrate expertise in job architecture and pay framework design, and market research and benchmarking
- You’re highly adaptable and comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Salary will be dependent on experience, plus a significant stock option grant upon joining and other benefits
- This role can be based in London, Cardiff or fully remote within the UK.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
The application process consists of a 30min phone call with a recruiter, an initial 30min video call with the hiring manager, followed by 2 virtual interviews via Google Meet. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.