We’re looking for an exceptional Transaction Monitoring Systems Specialist to drive forward the development of our Transaction Monitoring capabilities. You will be part of a team to deliver machine learning models, rules-based solutions and algorithms that infer and predict individual customer behaviours in real-time, based on all types of customer and transaction data across all aspects of Financial Crime (including Fraud).
We need someone who really understands the Financial Crime regulatory framework and typologies, and has expert knowledge in how to develop systems, write rules and employ models to most effectively detect and prevent all types of Financial Crime.
You should know that we fight Financial Crime a little differently at Monzo. You’ll work in a team with dedicated Financial Crime engineers, data scientists and machine learning experts, which helps us to spot, assess and prevent crime quickly. We choose not to split out different areas of crime, either. Instead we tackle all Financial Crime together as one team. That includes AML, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the strategy for the development of Transaction Monitoring and Risk Assessment systems, rules and models.
- Working within a team of specialist fincrime risk analysts to implement the fincrime strategy across multiple prevention and detection systems as a core member of the cross-functional Decisioning squad.
- Developing strategic relationships with product/platform owners and Senior Management to provide expert fincrime knowledge and define business and functional requirements.
- Suggest, develop, implement and monitor industry leading fincrime detection capabilities as an embedded member of the squad (which includes data scientists, machine learning experts, product management and engineers).
- Providing expert knowledge in developments of Transaction Monitoring and Risk Assessment across the industry.
- Building a close relationship with our Fincrime operations teams, ensuring sufficient communication and knowledge sharing on improvements to Transaction Monitoring and Risk Assessment capabilities.
- Defining and interpreting key measures and metrics on the performance of key systems and reporting this to relevant oversight committees and Senior Execs across the business.
- Proactively identifying and sharing emerging threats/trends using your excellent data and analytics skills, working across all Fincrime teams.
- Identifying the highest priority issues or problem areas and working with other members of the Fincrime Team to drive forward solutions.
You should apply if
- You have significant experience working in Financial Crime and with systems used to detect and prevent all types of Fincrime.
- You have a solid grounding in using SQL and the ability to analyse data to identify patterns and trends and draw conclusions that improve our detection capabilities.
- You have been involved in the implementation of improvements to Transaction Monitoring systems in similar organisations.
- You’ve got experience working closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists and identifying operational requirements.
- You are passionate about Fincrime, Monzo and putting customers first.
- You enjoy working efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and thrive when there’s ambiguity.
- You're great at explaining processes and complex technical requirements to people, and have flawless written English.
- You’re keen to get stuck in and make things happen, without waiting for someone else or always needing to delegate.
- You’re comfortable working with data and using it to come up with recommendations.
- This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the UK. Please note: if based remotely, there may still be an expectation for you to spend a few days each month in the London office, but we’re open to flexibility on this.
- This is a Level 3 role within our Financial Crime framework and offers a salary range of £55,000 - £72,000 DOE DOE + Share Options
- The closing date for applications for this role is 6pm on 24th June.
- The application process consists of a 30 min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the Fincrime team, and 2 x 45 minute video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.