We’re looking for a scrappy, entrepreneurial-minded, and customer-focused Lead Product Manager to lead Product for Monzo US. As the point product person on the team, you’ll own the entire product development lifecycle and work across all parts of the customer-facing experience. You’ll be the driving force behind a delightful product that helps people manage their money.
Monzo is the lead challenger bank in the UK. In the last few years, we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 5 million people (10% of UK adults) have a Monzo account. We’ve raised over $1 billion from YCombinator, Stripe, Coatue, Eric Schmidt, Mike Moritz and others - most recently at a $4.5bn valuation. Our competitive advantage is that we operate like a tech company in a space where software has not yet eaten the world - for example, we built our own core banking system from scratch!
We’re just getting started in the US. Your work will shape our entire product strategy as we expand into our first international market. We’re a small team operating like an early stage startup but with the financial, operational, and engineering platform muscle of a larger company. We’re focused on launching an amazing US product, shipping and iterating quickly, and finding product market fit. We’re looking for highly driven, enterprising people to help us achieve our mission to make money work for everyone.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We want to build a bank that works for everyone, so we encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
A day in the life…
- You’ll lead product for the entire US customer experience. This includes owning the entire product development lifecycle, including product visioning, discovery, planning, and strategy.
- Build. Make changes. Ship. Fast, iteratively, and in control.
- You’ll develop an understanding of our users at a deep level and build a strategy to help them reduce anxiety over money and feel more in control of their finances. You’ll lead user research sessions, learn from previous insights, or run your own analysis to understand our customers and make sure we ship the right things.
- You’ll track and monitor how we’re doing with core metrics and iterate on your work to hit key goals and create value for our customers.
You should apply if
- You’ve shipped world-class consumer products at a fast growing company using lean startup principles.
- You’re scrappy, enterprising, and unafraid to wear multiple hats.
- You’re comfortable working in an ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment.
- You’re passionate about building value for customers and not just achieving business results.
- You’re data driven, passionate about metrics, and intellectually honest about how your work is performing -- and driven to continuously improve it.
- You’re comfortable working in a deeply collaborative, highly technical team.
- You’re passionate about learning every day and sharing your knowledge and experience every day.
- You have domain expertise in engineering, design, data, and go-to-market.
- You have strong communication skills and storytelling ability.
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- We’re building a team in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we want to hire someone based in the area (and we would support you with moving costs if you don’t currently live in SF).
- We have an office in downtown SF, where we meet twice a week for meetings, teamwork and socializing (and optionally for quiet work whenever you want to get out of the house!).
- 🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 💲 Competitive salary
- 📈 Stock Options
- 💰 Generous 401k with 4% employer contribution
- 🏝 32 days of vacation and public holidays per year (and we require that you take all of your days each year as we believe that well rested employees are more effective!)
- Maternity / Paternity leave
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Snippets of Monzo Culture
- Our mission of financial inclusion: We want everyone who wants one to have access to a Monzo bank account, along with information to help them make good financial decisions
- Default to transparency: How transparency is key in the ways we work and serve customers
- The Monzo Tone of Voice: How we use our voice to cultivate clarity, positivity, and approachability
- Gambling block: At Monzo, we focus on helping vulnerable customers
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.