Our Internal Audit team is growing and we’re looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join the team and help build out the function. The primary focus of this role will be executing technology audits and providing technology SME expertise to other audits.
Internal audit is Monzo’s “Third Line of Defence” (3LoD). Internal Audit provides Monzo’s Board and Executive Management with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and functioning of the system of internal control. The scope of internal audit covers all activities at Monzo, all areas of current and future risks within Monzo, and an assessment of risk management and mitigation controls in Monzo’s current and expected business environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the audit director to develop and execute a flexible audit plan in accordance with internal audit methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Building trusting and open relationships with auditees on each audit and developing relationships within the Collective to which you are aligned, attending collective level committees as required.
- Embedding the use of data as part of our core audit processes (risk assessment and planning, audit execution, continuous monitoring).
- Identifying the relevant risks and regulatory requirements relevant to each audit.
- Delivering end to end audits, including communicating findings and confirming factual accuracy with management and writing high quality observations.
- Validating issues raised in prior audits.
- Making sure the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
- Continuing to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business
- units and using this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary
You should apply if you:
- Have a relevant qualification (IIA, IRM, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CISA, CPA or CFA)
- Experience across one or more of: infrastructure or cyber security, or emerging technologies, payments or within hyper growth product environments.
- Significant experience (ideally 5 + years) in an audit related-role within a regulated financial services environment or technology company.
- Are proficient in data analytics and interpreting data - with significant practical experience with SQL
- Have a practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment within UK
- Have confidence to present published findings, along with suggested recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Are comfortable in challenging others where appropriate, including effectively challenging Auditees in order to reach the right control outcomes
- This role will be based in our London office (remote until office fully re-opens) with flexibility to work remotely as needed.
- We are looking to offer a salary of up to circa £75,000 (dependant on experience) plus other benefits.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with the Hiring Manager, followed by 2 virtual interviews via Google Meet.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.